New Firmware update v. 3.6.0

Nova is back in its rightful place on the Fraim. The rotary volume control issue is now fixed but the analogue no-sound problem still persists. I guess Naim have looked at it and can’t solve the problem. I presume that it is firmware related and will be fixed in the next release? Is anyone else still experiencing this issue with the Nova?

That doesn’t sound right. Was it on the job sheet? What does your dealer have to say?

There was no job sheet Richard. I only picked it up a few days ago from the Dealer and haven’t spoke to them since I got it home. When I took it into the Dealers to ship it had a note inside explaining the issue (Naim Support suggested this) so it must have been looked at. As I mentioned earlier in the thread it only started after the firmware upgrade, and I can resolve the problem by switching to another input and switching back, its just tedious. I will speak to the Dealer (now you’ve mentioned it) to get their take but TBH I am not enthusiastic about sending it back to Naim again given that I have already been without it for the best part of 4 weeks…

OK thanks Do you have an RMA number for it? I can then mail Naim service and ask.

The dealer will be able to tell you the RMA number (it’s the number Naim issue to the dealer when they accept the item is being returned for whatever reason).

Hi Richard, the RMA is 62028…

Thanks. Having conferred with Service it looks like it may be a bug that cropped up in the last firmware that is being dealt with hopefully for next release.

2 Likes

Me too, the odd dropout from internet radio. Overall though sound quality much improved.

1 Like

Nearly 6 weeks since a reported issue on this thread. The Naim guys and girls must be sleeping easier these days or nights.

1 Like

I’m sure that sounds fantastic. I’d love to hear them in my room. I had the Atom from January until last Thursday. Now I have the Uniti Nova. I loved the Atom sound but did have several of the issues (screen freeze, or the volume would not show when changed, or the sound on the TV would be off synch. I had to do hard resets a few times a week. No glitches or problems yet with the Nova. I have the Chora 816s. They sound absolutely fine, outstanding.

I have had 3-4 spontaneous reboots with the new firmware. I opened a ticket with Naim support on March 25, but I still haven’t received an answer.

What’s your ticket number Daniel?

I’ve had a couple of reboots on my NDX2 on the new firmware. They don’t bother me particularly and I haven’t had one since the beginning of May. I did log them with Naim for their information. I have not heard anything back but was not really expecting to and I wasn’t needing a reply although I do have ticket numbers.

An interesting ND reboot

Left corner Qnap NAS & BT hub5 both protected by an UPS

Right corner ND555 & PS555x2 paused on Tidal artist radio

Centre LG 55 inch being fed by cheap Panasonic HDD PVR

All the above are on the same house ring main.

While watching TV being fed from the PVR the UPS in the corner beeped and relays chattered, the TV being fed by the PVR carried on playing as normally but the ND went into reboot.

We would not have known about the mains glitch without hearing the UPS beep, maybe some of the reboots we are getting could be mains related ?

Since the last firmware update we have found the ND to be much more stable and reboots are rare. The ND is sounding very good.

It looks like the ND can reboot due to mains issues that are not affecting any other electronic items in the house.

Stewart

107740.Thanks Richard!

I am getting random reboots on my ND555. No more or less than the last update. Sound changed a bit for me on the last update though or maybe it was just the reboot as the update crashed the streamer.

Have you tried unplugging the ND555 overnight? This is what Naim suggested to me. I did it last night. I will report back if the reboots have stopped within a few weeks.

The recommended shutdown times are getting longer and longer :smiley: I am wondering what would happen overnight, as opposed to 30 seconds. Did anyone ever have to shut down their PC over night?

1 Like

Yes it allows the demons to return to the shadow realm, they can only do this between dusk and dawn when the portal is open.

I thought you knew this??

11 Likes

:joy: