New firmware update

No, you can rename the input text string, but not choose other icons.
That would be a feature request towards Naim…

1 Like

That’s a shame. Is there a specific way to request such feature from Naim?

To my knowledge, best way is to contact Naim directly; e.g. send a “feature request” to their support address. (General posting on the forum here will not trigger this.)

1 Like

Yea, of course, all English tea from the best quality…

If things continue in this dynamic, I think the best for the user, instead of tea, is going to be linden blossom, but in industrial quantities, hahaha…

2 Likes

Arrrrrghhh all through the various firmware updates my 555 has not rebooted once, but I just settled down to listen this evening via my Melco and after about three minutes, silence and the dreaded reboot happened for the first time ever on 3.5.1.

Hi Michael,

Sorry to read that.

Perhaps it would be worth reporting that to Naim support.

Apart from a couple of hours today, I didn’t have much time to listen to my system. Meaning I didn’t experience any reboot since I updated to 3.5.1.

1 Like

Michael, sorry to hear that. Please let Naim tech support know. It seems it has fixed the issue for most of those affected, but with the one or two reports here, it seems there may be something else that needs looking into to completely eradicate.

Thanks Richard have done.

1 Like

Sure my Muso2 in Germany was 5

Just listening to Charlie Haden Nightfall on NDX2 3.5.1 / Qobuz and it suddenly stopped and rebooted! Looks like we’re not out of the woods yet.

1 Like

Hollow, could you please let Naim tech support know about this, giving as much detail as possible. Thanks.

Sure, will do

My ndx2 came a month ago with 3.50. No problems :crossed_fingers:
I’m glad I waited and didn’t “upgrade “ my firmware
David

I just visit this forum when I want to improve my mood:-))))

1 Like

Has the new firmware solved a lot of problems for everyone?
Mines running sweet as. Well done to Naim and the Beta guys for a swift response and no doubt many hours of hard work.

Is there anything really worthwhile in 3.5.1 that makes it worth updating from 3.4?

I asked this question a few weeks ago and got no answer, so I suspect that is the answer… if you are listening happily on 3.4 you should probably just stay there.

1 Like

But the high frequencies may be little more up

1 Like

Well, there were some relevant fixes in 3.5, e.g. for many (not all) people, it fixed „display issues“.
Then again, if you did not have these to begin with… (which was also common).
Then there’s stuff like exFat support, improvements for some (not all…) HDMI users, and some more.

Then there’s the new „preset“ handling, some people like, some don’t, and may ignore I guess.

(I won’t comment on SQ; it’s not in the Release notes, it seems to be subjective and I don’t see many patterns in the reports or find myself something to say about it.)

1 Like

Just received an email from support saying they believe there’s another update due in a week or so

1 Like

Hi,

Could you “expand” or elaborate a tad?