New firmware update

The problems where all there in 3.5 you just where lucky never to have had them crop up but would have given time. They have dropped the ball with 3.5 in general and appear to have lost it.

Ahhhh yes sorry 3.5 was fine for me! 3.51 is a bit off!

If you havenā€™t done so already, you should report this issue to Naim technical support at supprt@naimaudio.com.

2 Likes

I have reported the incident.

Another screen freeze todayā€¦ 2nd one since the version upgradeā€¦

It will all be fixed with the new firmware in under 2 weeks.
Same issue here with my ndx2.

It`a good jokeā€¦i heard those promises already two yearsā€¦perhaps when a new streamer will beā€¦lol

Had a random reboot on the Nova again today. App would not change the volume on the unit but still moved on screen. Multiple times the app needed resarting. Version pre 3.50 was fine. Would be good if when they did an update there was a section that allowed you to pick any previous update. They have got the last 2 very wrong and this is serious money we are spending here. Asking to have previous versions available is not a big ask when they are clearly not getting new ones right. Under update there could be a downgrade option and all previous updates would be available.

2 Likes

I agree. At least provide the ability to roll back to the previous release. I am sitting here on 3.4 on my nova and unlikely to ever upgrade at this rateā€¦

Strange how it varies. I have 3.5.1 on my Nova and it has been rock solid.

Yet like many others, Iā€™ve had no issues with any version.
Now thatā€™s tempting fate!!

2 Likes

well itā€™s nice not to have a screen ahahaha

1 Like

Agree ā€¦lots of money

Stupid boy. Spoke too soon. Rebooted whilst playing from the Core today. Will report.

Really glad I changed to an NDX2. As the screen freezes or, just does not work for a lot of the time really helps (not). Yes, the sound is good. But Naim, is it really so hard to just display what the machine playing ?
Having to turn off/on to get this functionality is painful.

It is quite mind boggling isnā€™t it? How hard can it be to send a still image to a screen? It would probably take me one hour of programming. In my 5 hour listening session last night, I think the screen showed the album playing maybe 3 times. All the other time, it was blank.

Mine goes blank after an hour or so.

It must be great for you to be so clever.

But I believe those programmers at Naim are actually doing their best and not just taking the pay and pushing off home early.

2 Likes

I am not sure. I tend to think that none has actually seriously looked into the problem at Naim. Perhaps it is not even something that they can sort out themselves, who knows ā€¦

1 Like

Best of their ability maybe, perhaps they need more ability. The current situation and releases are a real mess whichever way you look at it. This level of product should not have issues like this period.

3 Likes