New firmware update

3.6.0?

I guess instead of 3.5.2. Must be more significant changes?

One would expect it to be. Good to know that even more improvements are so close that they can already provide this version to selected customers

Bugger it. Let’s go straight for 4.0.0

2 Likes

Not sure, can only relate to the issues I’m having.

My ND5XS2 is reporting 3.6.0. I was having issues with Qobuz albums refusing to link from one song to the next. Naim sent me a beta version of firmware to use to help them to check if they had fixed the snag. They have. They warned me to ignore any 3.5.x that came out, as 3.6.0 would be the first to incorporate the new coding that I needed.
I have to say that I did not make much progress through Naim support, but this forum was brilliant.

What will be the SQ of such important update?

Yes, but don’t download it until it gets to 4.0.1. In the software business we always avoided the .0 releases :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just realised my mistake here.

Naim will avoid 4.0.0 due to it starting with 4.

I should said 5.0.0 or as suggested 5.0.1

Naim support have been pretty good although it was a bit of a slow start. Since a bit of a grumble with some slighty sweary words they’ve been great!

I run the 3.6.0 since last weekend. VERY happy with this one as all previous versions were unable to stream an album through Qobuz without stops after one or more tracks. I suffered with this from day one I had my streamer, just over a year ago.

Best.

Gerben :hugs:

1 Like

A quick fix then :thinking:

Partly my lazyness in contacting naim support and the thouhgt that de problem was home network or Qobuz reladed. Android devices were even worse than ipad, now they all work well.

Best .

Gerben

Glad to hear that! Hopefully this will encourage more people to contact Naim Support for a solution.

I’ll be back later today with any information I can gather re likely firmware update rollout.

3 Likes

Hey @Naim.Marketing, you have been so responsive … while we have you, can you tell us when the successor to the 272 is being released?

Good luck with that… :smile:

3 Likes

Damn you Richard :slight_smile:

Was worth a shot

Yeah, nice try, but… no :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s reassuring to see that the original 272 is on Whats Hi Fi’s top 9 products by Naim. Comes in ahead of the Statement.

2 Likes

Are you sure you want an update of the 272 with a screen that can freeze ?
Or maybe a screen freeze is better than a screen which die