New firmware update

We do always check and double-check components, but statistically there may be the odd rogue one that behaves well in all tests before dying young… That’s why we’re happy to offer a warranty period.

1 Like

LOL. I got rid of screen freezes by going screenless! Sold uniti and got nd5xs2. No issues and sounds better.

1 Like

Have they changed the component from the original?

Supplier, maybe (you’d expect us to have more than one supplier of key components), but no hardware change, as confirmed

I just bought a Nova but I have turned the screen off as I don’t need it. It’s in another room to where I am listening anyway, so totally pointless to me.

Best

David

2 Likes

Maybe not all reported, but both my Nova and NDX2 have had issues, and still do, somewhat randomly. I never really had great support from Naim directly, so have been quietly waiting it out. I wonder how many you are hearing from?

I would urge everyone to report - it takes less time to write an email to support@naimaudio.com than it does to post here, and you are then part of the process. The team has tools to diagnose issues, too - I would strongly encourage it

8 Likes

My 555 (an early one ) suffered a random reboot yesterday. I’m still on 3.5 as once I heard of the problems with 3.5.1 I decided to stay put

1 Like

Got 3 tickets in for mine. If 3.5.2 doesn’t work, its getting swapped out for new.

I have just reported a reboot of my Atom… this happened over 3 weeks ago (on version 3.5.1) but you have prompted my conscience to report it so that Naim Support have a better understanding of the incidence rate.

Here’s hoping they get to the bottom of it!

Mark

2 Likes

Ditto

1 Like

This may help and I hope it’s not breaking any rules but my Atom has been running the last beta software and I’ve had no problems. It’s been in constant use all week. Hopefully all will be resolved soon.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, I did report my re-boot to Naim Support and they responded quickly with a ticket number.

1 Like

Was your Atom prone to re-boots, (i.e. would you expect it to re-boot a few times a week)?

Mine has only done it once (to my knowledge), so I would draw very little conclusion from the Beta if I had it on my Atom, (unless it made the situation noticeably worse)!

Mark

No think it’s only rebooted once, but it’s been going so well till today. Hasn’t effected its performance though.

Aaaaaand now it stuttered and rebooted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does your screen go blank after 2 hours or so?

I have so far enabled the “turn off during playback” setting. Apparently this also means that it is off when not playing. It only lights up for a short time on track change or using the remote. And this worked reliably so far, before the reboot. (Which I couldn’t say about the Nova previously, where it did keep showing the last album for a long time after stopping the music)

Interestingly, after the reboot the “stay connected” and “turn off during playback” settings were at first disabled in the app. They were certainly enabled before the reboot. I enabled them again and restarted the app. However, the NDX2 screen is currently staying enabled during playback although the “turn off during playback” is now enabled in the app

On one of my random reboots, the ndx2 powered up, except if decided to turn the volume down to 5 out of 100. This kept me guessing for 10 mins as to what was up. A few other settings were changed.
Its my screen thats the issue now. Saying that, its behaved itself today. Doing what I expected.

1 Like

My brand new NDX2 has had some issues with buffering, pausing and an inability to select tracks to play. Fair play to Naim, they’re trying to sort it and have sent me 3.6.0 to try which seems to have sorted it so far. Fingers crossed…

1 Like