New firmware update

To clarify, do you mean Qobuz via Roon, or Roon AND Qobuz?

Hi Clare, I using the Rune app on iOS and streaming through my NDX2. My only streaming service is Qobuz.

Seems ok via Qobuz directly.

I suspect the Qobuz API issue affected many others, not just Naim.

Assuming youā€™ve rebooted all elements of your system - and the Apps (proper restart, not just closing and reopening)? Worth trying that first, and if you still have issues, contact Roon support

What seems interesting is that Qobuz says it was fixed, but 0.0 is still experiencing an issue via Roon. So possibly still affecting some Naim app users as well (depending on location?) and may be meant as a heads-up by 0.0.

Does this new version of the Naim app download automatically into iPads?
Or does the user have to choose to download it?

This will depend on whether automatic app updates are set to on or off on the iPad. This is an option in the settings, the default is on. https://support.apple.com/HT202180

2 Likes

Thanks Suedkiez, thatā€™s v helpful.

Do you know if thereā€™s a way to check the current FW version of the ND5XS2 on the Naim app without triggering a FW update?

You can visit the IP address of the streamer in your web browser to see the firmware version and date.

Easier to just look in the app on the iPad. Settings > About > System Version

1 Like

If heā€™s already using his computer to browse the forums, the IP-method might be quicker / easier. :wink:

Fear not, @tomvamos and the team continue to monitor the situation!

1 Like

Well, JimDog asked if there was a way to check it ā€œon the Naim appā€.

I have seen too many posts of myself where I posted the instructions for doing this, pointing out that everyone would need to use their own IP address and not mine. And then I saw that 20 people clicked the link I had posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to go looking for it for my iPad and iPhone. I had to click into the app in the app store before it gave me the option to update.

1 Like

Clareā€¦can I just check will the old app still work ok with the new firmware (when released). Iā€™ve 2 old iPads and neither will be upgradeable to iOS 12 so will need to stay on old app. Donā€™t want to upgrade firmware if these old iPads become unusable. Thx

Hi Jack. I am reliably informed the new firmware - currently in final pre-release testing - will play nicely with .19 App release, so youā€™re fine to carry on using your old iPads.

4 Likes

Iā€™m finally a member of the ā€œreboot clubā€ last night, mid trackā€¦silence, blank screen, main menuā€¦Phew! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations.

Not sure what is so big deal about rebooting. Even few s/w companies with market cap at $1 Trillion needs reboot of their computers at every now and then

Which can indeed be extremely annoying if it happens while a critical application or computation is running! Same if the TV stops working in the middle of a great movie or if you run out of hot water in the shower!

I guess nobody would care about the freeze/reboot issues of the Naim streamers if they would only happen when the devices are idling.