New firmware update

The last few posts on this thread are discussing a recent Naim app update, not a firmware update. Sounds like you have a 1st gen. streamer, in which case the anticipated firmware update doesn’t apply to you as it addresses a known issue that affects the current range.
Having said that, it’s worth checking that your streamer is running the latest version which is 4.7.

Experienced my first ‘random’ re-boot during a listening session last night. In the run up to the re-boot, the tracks on the album I was streaming from my NAS were making clicking noises - there were lots immediately before the re-boot. It was almost like listening to a vinyl album with lots of pops and clicks. Has anyone ecperienced this change or degradation of the sound in the run up to a re-boot?

Thanks Chris yeah running 4.4 about to try and see if can download 4.7
Thanks

Not sure I read about vinyl-like popping and clicking, but vaguely similar things were mentioned, like “stuttering” and dropouts. Luckily the firmware update seems to be looking good still in the beta group, and unless something unforeseen happens I don’t think it will take much longer

This new Naim app update behaves like magic…
Select Qobuz and the app disappears.

Just experienced the same. Rebooted the iPad and logged out of Qobuz in the Naim app then logged back in. Behaving so far…
Should I restart the streamer?

If you haven’t done it before it can seen like a bit of a faff. There should be some written instructions with the download, make sure you follow them to the letter and you should be OK.

2 Likes

I’m on iOS and forced quit the app and restated my phone and all ok so far, I hope this isn’t history repeating itself.

What’s the latest App version? I have 5.20

G

That is latest iOS release

Thanks both! Must have updated automatically.

G

It’s a Qobuz linked issue.

Ok, further to my message above, I’ve switched the streamer off for 5 mins then back on, hard reset on the iPad and closed and reopened the Naim app. Logged in and out of Qobuz.
App still crashing.
I’ll have another go tomorrow and if no joy contact Naim.

FYI am using IOS 14.4 on iPad mini. Seems be a Qobuz issue as no crashes with my home network (NAS). Maybe I’m doing something wrong re updating…?

This is in multiple threads. It’s a new Qobuz issue that started at 1500 today. Naim is talking to Qobuz to get it sorted.

Best

David

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for the heads up, missed the other threads.

2 Likes

Android 2.20 version downloaded last night. The app has been stable the whole day today, including Qobuz. Fingers crossed for those having problems!

From the technical team at Qobuz: “There was an issue with our API yesterday and it has now been fixed. There is nothing to change in the Naim App, and we apologise for the inconvenience”.

9 Likes

I’m still getting dropped songs or long pauses this morning using Rune and Qobuz.