New firmware update

I’m due an update on the release ETA later today - will share as soon as I have news.

10 Likes

Can I start breathing again yet? :wink:

I’d take a deep breath, as i’m unlikely to get an update before tomorrow now!

5 Likes

I will take several. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop…so…so close now!!

2 Likes

Yep, we’re edging closer - good news on listening tests this morning. I’ll continue to keep everyone updated!

19 Likes

Hey @Naim.Marketing - I suppose there’s still no update yet on the release ETA that @Radikal asked about? Thanks for keeping us lightly informed!

You suppose correctly. I’m still patiently waiting for an update. As soon as I hear any news, i’ll share it here as fast as humanly possible!

3 Likes

I have one of the first NDX2 units manufactured and continue to struggle with screen freezes despite the 2020 firmware update. Naim support informed me in October 2020 they are aware of the issue with a small number of units and plan to release new firmware. The update was promised by December, then January, then February and the latest is “this week”. Is anyone aware of a planned update?

Yes there is new firmware undergoing final SQ checks after beta testing.

2 Likes

I’ve merged your thread with the existing one. You’ll read from some of the most recent posts the current status of the forthcoming firmware release.

1 Like

I’d rather wait until Naim engineers are happy with it rather than put pressure on anyone to release it before it is truly ready. I use a lot of professional video applications and I can tell when the marketing people have forced a release before the coders are satisfied with performance. I am never in a hurry to upgrade software until I hear how much weeping is coming from those who just had to live on the bleeding edge and install the new version on day 1. I used to be one of them. I learned patience. I’ve also done a lot of beta testing, but never on paid work. I’m good at finding bugs; or perhaps they find me.

5 Likes

I don t know since how long you read this thread and since how long you own one of the streamers but people who are waiting for a fix are mainly concerned with a bug which every release promise to fix since a year or so and at the end does not get fixed for many other users at all. This is not about an update which promises new functions, features and improvements.

1 Like

Curious - which bug is this ?
Using NDX2 for last 3 months and have a Nova for last 3.5 yrs. Not came across something too irritating or something making them unusable.

Regards,
Sourav

1 Like

You should be able to answer your question by reading through the thread if you are curious enough. If not, why asking?

1 Like

My ndx2 screen has never frozen, and it’s never rebooted itself. These afflictions do not affect every unit. Granted I’m on 3.4, but it’s fine so I’ve left it there.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right, why not just wade through over 1940 posts. It shouldn’t take long.

I recently didn’t buy a Naim streamer. The reason?

1940 posts.

When the posts are no longer necessary then perhaps I’ll reconsider.

2 Likes

I can’t help but mention that out of these 1940 posts, 2% or so mention the words “freeze” or “reboot”. How many of these 1940 were really “necessary” is questionable, mine included :slight_smile:

Edit: Of course, it did go on far too long

1 Like

Gosh I have to chip in here. there is a known software issue that has been going on since what August (?) last year and Naim can’t seem to get a grip on it. You can’t downgrade to the last known working version. Communication about the issue and the fix is woeful. Dealers have lost faith. Customers are going elsewhere. @Naim.Marketing you are trying to hold the party line but my goodness what on earth has happened. We are the party faithful…

7 Likes