New Focal & Naim App

Fantastic! That’s the one. I wasn’t sure whether it was the Naim app or Asset. All good now.
Thanks

1 Like

We’ve just noticed that the Android version. Doesn’t show all albums from one artist . And just has a play now bar which will play all the albums sequentially.This is the same on my phone and the wife’s tablet.

Whereas the IOS one shows all albums with artwork so you can pick which to play.

Used to show correctly before the new focal naim app

I used to get that with my iPad and NDX when both were connected by wifi. I have a BT wifi with extenders. Connecting the NDX physically to the router solved the issue. Do you have one wifi setup?

Hello, I am on wifi only, do not want to wire, that is better for protecting gears in case of electrical issues, storm… nothing will pass from rj45.
My wifi works very well, issue if any is on the protocol implementation.
After rebooting all my devices, it works better, that is manageable I would say

1 Like

Logitech Media Server (LMS) here. Works better than Naim/Focal app.

I’ve been using the updated app since release and have had no issues and the new icon re-branding doesn’t bother me.

For those people not happy about the new app icon, at least on iOS, many app developers of other apps do have the option within their app settings to allow the end user to change the app icon to a different one from a few choices specified by the app developer. I’m sure the naim app developers could provide such an option on iOS so that those people that seem to be so unhappy about the new app icon could switch to either a naim only or focal only branded app icon.

5 Likes

Hi there, i have both my iPhone 14 pro and iPhone 11 Pro running on iOS 16.1.1 but don’t know why the Naim app on my iPhone 14 pro keep telling me having trouble finding my rooms but not on my older iPhone 11 Pro.

Would like to here any user is experiencing the same issue as mine?

Hi there,
the previous version of the Naim app was giving control to the main functions (Play/Pause, Stop, Volume etc.) while the iPhone was on locked screen. This seems to have disappeared from the new Focal and Naim app, or am i missing something ?

Works fine for me. Do you mean that the widget isn’t visible at all, or that it doesn’t work? Does the widget need to be turned on?

Thanks for your reply ChrisSU. The widget is not visible at all. I have no idea where to turn it on now

Unlock the phone , swipe right to where the widget should be and hit ‘edit’.

… and the pull down tab on the right side of the Android screen STILL DOESN’T WORK. :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

Android is a rubbish inconsistent operating system. That’s your problem.

With nearly 3 billion global users and a 75% market share on mobile devices it’s rather pervasive rubbish.

The UK market is slightly skewed in global terms, with Android and iOS being roughly equally used.

3 Likes

People buy rubbish if it’s cheaper, unfortunately.

I think the software design of android doesn’t accommodate the inherent hardware flexibility. That’s why android is rubbish and IOS isn’t, from a user’s point of view.

1 Like

Works perfectly fine with everything else. The problem is the glacial pace of development at Focal sorry naim. Even when there’s an upgrade to the app, it’s one step forward and three back for a lot of people yet how many of them are using iPhones? Me with my “rubbish” Android never seem to get these glitches.

5 Likes

Yes I see you don’t have any glitches…

Thanks but previously, when a streamer was playing through the app the key buttons (Play/Pause, Volume etc.) appeared directly on the locked screen. It now seems that you can only use these commands by swiping right then clicking on the widget

I was referring to the glitches from upgrades ongoing that others complain about.

The lack of side-tab functionality is a long-running issue and nothing to do with the periodic app upgrades.

I agree. There’s not much wrong with Android AFAICT. I haven’t used iOS to compare myself (don’t like the closed nature / actively trying to lock users in), but my gf who has both hates it with a passion. She says Android is much better. A lot will of course be personal preference.

What is frustrating is Naim bringing features to iOS only, effectively treating us as second rate citizens. That and indeed the glacial pace in general.

2 Likes