New Focal & Naim App

Some feedback on Qobuz playlist editing under Android 12 5.9" smartphone.
Say, when I need to reorder items in my Tidal playlist, I just touch, hold and drag the item. Qobuz playlist bahaves a bit different - touch and hold invokes the menu screen. However, if I’m swift enough, I can drag before the menu appears.
Is it possible to unify the behavior in such a way, that both playlist works the same and allow easy dragging.
I’ve just only succeeded three from ten which is a bit annoying.

My album covers are larger than before. Is there a way to reduce the size and therefor see more options at one time?

Thanks

G

1 Like

I installed the new app today. While the new app is inactive when using roon, which I have been doing for many years, there is suddenly a loss of device control (ND5XS2) every minute or so. This has never happened before and the only system-wide change today has been to update to the new Naim app.

It would seem that the Naim app is constantly seeking to take control of the device and is interfering with roon.

Roon cuts out now but the Naim app doesn’t…

I have a vague memory that you pull down the screen and a menu appears that lets you do that.

Thanks David but no joy I’m afraid.

G

Just tried it. You tap the criss cross icon at the top of the screen. On an iPhone it gives you two or three or four albums across the screen.

iPad display David. Am I missing an icon?

Thanks

Graeme

It’s the icon at the top right. Below the three dots.

Gentleman and Scholar award to you Sir. Many thanks.

G

Excellent! Glad to help.

1 Like

You shocked me, but this isn’t happening to me with NDX2, also with Roon. I had just installed the update before reading your post, but several minutes later all is still fine.

As I don’t get a flashy startup screen either, nothing at all has changed for me apart from the NDX2 logo. Great, back to Roon.

EDIT: I am on Android 11 by the way

1 Like

I’ve got problems playing Qobuz it just stops about half way through an album and won’t restart. This is the second time it’s happened today and I’ve had no issues for months.

Oddly enough it restarted after closing the app (I hadn’t reopened it and started from the last track played).

1 Like

Pete, after the update I could not start up Qobuz and did not appear in the search. The only item that showed was internet radio. I ended up changing passwords and then waited about 90 minutes before Qobuz worked again and appeared in the search feature. Good luck with getting Qobuz back online.

1 Like

It finished the album (both times), but only after stopping and me having to shut the app down and restart. Think they should have run this through the beta group before releasing it to the public.

1 Like

I’m still on the old version, maybe I should cancel the automatic update? Though on iOS you can’t do that by app, it’s all or nothing….

2 Likes

Yes don’t upgrade yet. I’m playing another album via Qobuz now to see if it happens for a 3rd time. It’s odd it just stops halfway through the album and is difficult to restart.

3 Likes

Damn it, I’ll have to turn off all updates it seems.

2 Likes

It’s just played through an album on Qobuz without any issues. I’ve had no problems playing from my Core.

Qobuz can be can be a bit glitchy I’ve found.

1 Like

I’ve not had any problems with it or the app for months. I’ll play some more stuff tomorrow and see if there are still issues.