New Forum Anniversary

Happy birthday forum, and members one and all!

Different format, some things better some things maybe not, but now used to it and overall perhaps slightly slicker. The one standout big plus for me, as others have noted, is the ease of posting images compared to the old forum.

And regarding the old forum, the one thing it lacks, still now, is a full search facility, rather than just thread title search as I think it currently is. It is quite a resource, a mine of information, and although as time passes the proportion still of relevance will gradually decrease, it would still be nice to be able to find things easily. If it did have a good search facility, an added bonus would be if there were to be an easy link to it from the current forum.

2 Likes

Happy birthday to the forum, I also feel the time has passed so quickly.Just like to reiterate the thoughts of many, that this is a super place to visit and interact with so many like minded decent people.Now happily retired ,I am extremely fortunate to be able to spend many hours a day listening to music on a fantastic Naim system, and there is no better companion than this forum, whilst doing so.

2 Likes

I think Peder might challenge your statistics Richard :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I earned a ‘Devotee’ badge today in recognition of logging in every day for 365 days! I think I need to work on that one for the coming year!

3 Likes

I also got one too…need to get out more😬

4 Likes

I was in Hospital for 13 days should got a sick note ??

2 Likes

Happy birthday to us all and yes, as many have said, many thanks to Richard

2 Likes

:balloon:One Year Anniversary…
Congratulations To Us All.

Because it’s everyone who writes and contributes here,.that creates and brings life to the forum.

It’s particularly nice that Richard.Dane,.serves as a link to Naim.
Many people who raise a problem here,.yes it follows Richard usually up and takes on to Naim.

But I was a little surprised when I read the statistics,.so I did my own :sunglasses:.
You know that everything can be proven with statistics :wink:.
I counted the number of posts instead of number of ‘likes’,.because it’s we/them who write and contribute…yes see above…

And then we got,.as everyone understands,on unthreatened…

:1st_place_medal: First Place…
“What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?”.
With = 31 420 posts.

:2nd_place_medal: Second Place…
“System Pics”.
With = 5744 posts.

:boom: And,.Rocket of the Year…

:3rd_place_medal: In Third Place…
“Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania”.
With = 5594 posts.

AND THIS,.only on three months and twelve days.

So,.many :bouquet::bouquet: to all of us,now that we get on the train towards the second year.

/Peder :rose:

1 Like

I thought the winner had actually achieved the 30,000 level by year end?

If I look at the 2019 thread. It was closed on last day of December by Richard and showed a count of 29,959

Woo boo, got my anniversary badge, I am a proper member now.

Happy birthday Naim forum :blush:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, hope you are recovering and 2020 is a good year

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@CBR600,…You’re right,.when I clicked into the thread,then I didn’t end up on the last page.

There we have the explanation,.the right figure shall be 29959 plus 1461 = 31 420 posts.

I’m going to change in my previous post.

/Peder🙂

:tada: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Now, the following has nothing to do with “sour grapes” (genuinely - but I do feel somewhat guilty), but if (and of course it’s a BIG IF) but if we had behaved ourselves and Naim had not introduced a ban on certain topics of daily life, then I rather think that one or two of my threads might have generated a record or two.

I’m not sure what sort of records :sunglasses: almost certainly not very complimentary records, but i’m pretty sure records nonetheless !

Anyway, c’est la vie !

Happy Anniversary to one and all !

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed the new forum, my music collection and appreciation has increased. I’ve made some minor (read costly) tweaks to my system. The arts based threads interest most of all, but the Cables Mania thread is by far the most confusing. I’ve continually read it out of curiosity and still have no idea what’s going on, however that unfortunately that might say more about me. :thinking:

3 Likes

almost definitely says more about you - you’re sane !

2 Likes

I’ve simply turned it off to avoid the temptation to read the same thing for the umpteenth time. Best move I’ve made on the new Forum so far. If I could only set the What Are You listening to thread to hide all mention of prog and heavy metal my life would be even better.

That’s what makes the forum interesting, different folks different strokes. There’s even been a few members I thought I didn’t like but have since leant to enjoy their posts (probably sometimes for the wrong reasons) and have changed my mind.

Tolerance, it’s the only way we’ll get through this life.

4 Likes

A certain Mr Tate also gets a special award for swapping his streaming system around the most…

4 Likes