New Forum Anniversary

I believe we are coming up to the first year of the new Forum.

Just out of interest - what’s the stats in terms of members joined, active members, # of topics, the velocity of posts (# per day, per hour etc.)

Also, what are the top topics by replies (outside of the ‘What are you listening to?’ type).
What has been the key/most important/relevant information shared within the forum?

All the best,
Simon.

We are indeed. I was planning on posting some stats on the official anniversary in about 10 days time (the new forum officially opened its doors on the 15th January, 2019).

4 Likes

Scary, that year has gone far too fast.

4 Likes

What has been the key/most important/relevant information shared within the forum?

That we are all still here.

2 Likes

We are !

Not all the topics are.

But in general, it’s a bit nicer despite a few upsets in one or two threads that are still in place.

For me the big plus of the new site is the ease of posting photos. Good that so many users of the old site have transferred over too. It’s a good forum to be part of and many thanks to Richard Dane for policing it so wisely.

6 Likes

Yes, that year has passed quickly. The migration seems to have been successful and we all seem to have got used to the new hosting platform.
My only minor grumble is that, if left open, the platform seems to consume more and more of my MacBook Pro’s resources, and when it climbs above 1gb my Mac draws my attention to it and suggests I shut the application down. So I do, and quickly restart, and the cycle begins again. I’ve recently become a user of another forum (car related) which uses the same platform and it does exactly the same on that one too, so nothing to do with how Naim has applied it. But, as I say, this characteristic is only a minor irritant in the wider scheme of things.

I got my anniversary badge today.

My life is now complete!

5 Likes

Happy anniversary to us all :champagne: :cocktail:

1 Like

I rarely used the old, Iike others found uploading photos out of my IT skills and frustrating. I also found it less welcoming. Only problem I find I’m not “listening” as much as I use to as I’m too busy reading threads or posting. I’ve learnt a lot about my system and got some good tips, my bank account probably likes it less though.

1 Like

Today marks exactly a year since the new forum officially opened. I’m very pleased to see so many familiar members from the old forum platforms who are still here and actively posting on the current forum. And of course, there have been many new members too, from all over the world, and to you I say welcome, and if you’ve not done so already, I look forward to you posting on the forum very soon.

To all of you, I’d just like to say thanks for making the new forum what it is.

Best wishes, Richard

21 Likes

Congratulations and thanks, @Richard.Dane and to the rest of forum members; I feel also included and welcome, despite being aware that some of my posts may be too hot and/or controversial, and perhaps not to everyone’s liking…

Cheers.

5 Likes

Happy first birthday Richard and everyone. Perhaps we should all eat jelly and cake this afternoon.

5 Likes

A few basic stats for the first year - we’ve had over 4,800 members join up, with currently on average around 50,000 daily page views and 250 of you engaging with the forum (posting, liking posts etc…) each day.

The top three most liked topics have been;

1. What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?
  1. System Pics 2019
  1. Nice Photos

The top three most liked posts have been;

1. Richieroo’s post asking to love the 272 and update
  1. Varyat’s System Pics
  1. ChrisBell’s System Pic
4 Likes

Happy birthday to the forum. Long may it stay its idiosyncratic self, a great place to talk music, hifi and anything else with interesting people.

3 Likes

So basically we all just like photos :smiley:

1 Like

A whole year on the new forum! Gosh, where did that year go? Curiously, I cannot even remember what the old forum was like now. I’ve just had a browse of all the links Richard has posted above and I reckon Varyat should post some close up shots of his LP12 plinth, which looks gorgeous. (Koa, I assume.)

On HH’s recommendation, I’ll go and get some cake.

3 Likes

I found the forum tricky to get used initially, but I’m now an old pro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it means that we all most like music here.

Which comes as something of a relief…

7 Likes