New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I wonder if you were to replace the soft feet on the P10 with aftermarket spikes similar to those seen on the Naiad, would that get you closer to Rega utopia for a fraction of the price of a Naiad?

Blimey - who used ALL the chrome? SME did!

3 Likes

Not a fan of that look. It is heading towards oil rig dimensions.
Also, this popcorn is delicious. :smiley:

On the RP10, Rega offered alternative metal feet as an option.

We agree to disagree. Vive la différence !

looks like something a nouveau riche Russian oligarch or a Miami coke baron would buy.

For that one , yes.

Thank you and no for the phono stage but as for all Naim equipment I’d prefer to position the PS further away, preferably in the Brawn stack

The review published by Soundstage in the UK states, “Apparently, the engineers experimented with thinner platters, but they couldn’t achieve the optimum flywheel effect they needed to create that ideal solid sound.” Not sure what the underlying facts are, but “apparently” they have some basis for writing this.

Dear. God. In. Heaven…

Another hideous turntable. Where on Earth…or more to the point, who…buys these awful looking things?

7 Likes

That Soundstage review also describes the “plastic” as, “It is covered with the same dense acrylic used in the Statement amp.”

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was told too and certainly from what I saw, the engineers left no stone unturned. Basically, the fingerprints of Roy George and Steve Sells are all over the Solstice. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Even the new Aro has a decoupled plug!

10 Likes

And long may it be so……it’s part of the Naim magic.

There is plenty of that for sure

Yes true, this Aro arm really is magic. It’s very serious indeed!

7 Likes

And Rega would never notice? Seems unlikely

Fingerprints are probably my only qualm!

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll have your dabs all over one soon!
In the meantime I’m signing off now for this evening and I hope everyone liked the pics :slight_smile: - Who would not want one of these?

15 Likes

Somehow I missed the Soundstage review. Here it is for anyone else who missed it:

3 Likes

Even Liberace would think that was excessive!

4 Likes

Did you try them or consider them, Richard?