New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Seems that the Reviewer quite like it, then… :smiley:

I see on Mono and Stereo that Linn launches a new Klimax Lp12, with new radikal motor, new radikal motor control and power supply.
The battle with Naim continues. :grin:

Continues to fall in love

37 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

I was in Haifa long time ago, what a lovely city! The light in your picture makes me travel in time.

You are definitely welcome :sunglasses:

Keep up @frenchrooster :grinning:

Of course, there are obvious questions as to why the existing speed control can be bettered, when the existing Radikal costs quite a few bob (£’s)! …and let’s not get started why having different casework makes a discernible difference.

My Linn Skepticism is well known in these parts - and on this thread! ….but I can report that it does indeed make a really big positive difference…

1 Like

Let’s keep on topic here. If you wish to discuss the new Linn kit, there’s already a thread on that. Thanks.

2 Likes

Whats with the cable coming out there?

That’s my photo. The Burndy you mean?

Well the braided one looks like its rising onto the deck?

There is a braided Burndy cable that attaches to the back of the plinth. The TT gets power for the platter motor from it.

This braided one (not Bart’s Solstice) ?

That’s the phono cable coming off the tonearm. If you look carefully, you can see the black block (sort of a clamp, mostly hidden by the counterweight). I’ll bet the thin leads enter on the front side of it, transitioning to the braided cable coming out the back side.

1 Like

Not seen a Townsend Rock since one of guys I shared a house with, during University had a Rock, Excalibur arm with the Merlin PSU. That was mid 80’s
I was using a Thorens TD160S with a Mission 774 arm (not the LC version) and Denon Stepup transformers.
As Electronics Engineers there was always an Amplifier or Phono stage design being modified and tested

1 Like

Looks like Clearaudio’s relationship with Linn has moved on to Linn’s historical stablemate Naim. The new Aro2 arm looks very interesting. Will it make its way on to the Mighty Sondek at some point again completing the Naim-Linn circle ?

Something a little cheaper maybe using the ARO arm??

Totally agree massive competition. Maybe history will help. The ARO will probably sell it to a large extent. If the Aro 2 becomes available on its own ’ it could reduce sales of this package deal? I think each part arm 'deck ’ power supplies and phono amplifier will appeal separately to different people for their own reasons.

Very clever marketing bringing back the mighty ARO IN MK2 guise.

That looks great Ariel26. Do you have to vault over the back of your sofa to get comfy before the first track begins?