New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Just what you need, another turntable to add to the collection :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Is there a lid/dust cover for this?

Will there only be 500 Equinox MC cartridges ? Or will you be able to purchase replacements in due course ?

Hi
Is it belt drive or direct drive?
Thanks

The accessories kit includes a dust cover for the platter. No lid, but any ‘dome’ style cover will fit fine. Any lid that was tried compromised performance.

3 Likes

There will be spares and replacements available for any of the elements, for those whom buy the package.

2 Likes

Thanks Clare

Clare… thanks for prompt response.

It does seem odd and market toe-dipping, noting SME offer packaged TTs now (save the phono-amp).

And I see the TT is powered via a burndy? If so, one hopes it’s very flexible, to enable the kit to be located without issue.

Lots to like here but there’s a great deal of competition at this price-point.

2 Likes

Belt drive.

To be more exact, platter rotation is provided by a low-noise, high-torque, brushless 24V DC motor coupled through a neoprene belt. An optical feedback system continuously monitors platter speed, allowing the motor drive electronics to make very small adjustments in seconds - maintaining absolute correct speed and pitch accuracy for the life of the turntable.

3 Likes

Looks like a work of art. Looks more like £20,000 than RRP.

2 Likes

How long before we see the first one of these posted in “Show us your turntable”?

I’ve just upgraded my LP12 to a Radikal and Karousel bearing just a few weeks ago…

1 Like

If they make £2000 profit on each one, that’s one million profit. Even £1000 on each one generates £500K. Not bad if they sell them all in one year. Clearaudio manufacturing them, so no overheads on detooling a factory at the end of it. So I think it does make sense. Plus they gain a greater understanding of turntables / turntable market - which could be invaluable for future products.

2 Likes

Would be interested to learn if we may see a return of the Naim Aro Gen 2 being made available separately - the original Aro commands a worthy premium now

3 Likes

Bear in mind that the Clearaudio factory is used to build just the turntable (plus arm & cart), and the power supply and phono stage are built in the Naim factory in Salisbury.

3 Likes

good point :slight_smile:

If I had the money I’d place an order today for it

Same feeling here!

Yes, delighted to see the return of the Aro - indeed, an improved Aro, no less.

At this rate, the long delayed Naim cassette deck must be nearing readiness, surely?? :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Never thought we would see the return of the ARO !