New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Maybe @Richard.Dane could open again the “any peloton bike user thread?” for you guys. :grin:

8 Likes

Yes, please let’s keep this thread focussed on the Solstice turntable. By all means please do start a new thread in the Padded Cell regarding bike parts if you wish to continue the discussion. I’ll then pass over the relevant posts from here.

7 Likes

Probably shades…we all hear and then describe things differently enough. And there are arms and cartridges and, and and . . .

With the extended production delay maybe a Peloton discussion will be less painful :shushing_face:

1 Like

Yup….sorry about the diversion. I’m only supposed to have one expensive hobby, and I have two (at least).

My Peloton is getting plenty of “where is my Solstice” frustration. I really hammered it last weekend especially! :relieved::blush::joy:

…I do love it though. Dennis Morton, Christine D’Ercole, Matt Wilpers….my top3 instructors. I WISH I was as cool as Dennis Morton :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Did they gave you an approximate date of delivery, at least?

Indeed, Danny begins to take the song into another gear near the 6 min mark and then further still with all four limbs playing to his freakish polymath ability with incredible propulsion around the 8 min mark and on. This song would be simply amazing to hear on the Solstice! Tool better get to issuing Fear Inoculum on vinyl ASAP! I can only imagine how well rendered his struck notes would sound with the Equinox/Aro 2 combo grooving through the spiral.

As it stands now, I’ll have to settle for “spiraling IN” with Lateralus once this new Naim beauty is on my rack.

2 Likes

Spot on Beachcomber.
Like everything though, if you’ve bought it, it’s the dogs b*****s and you have to justify it😂

Is that an original pressing and if so where in the he!! Did you get it. I have cds and such but man some vinyl would be a treat. I saw tool in 1993 at Lalapalooza in Milan Michigan USA, 15 minutes from my house. They were on a small second stage and I was transfixed the entire time, from the start of their set, I was in the first 5 rows and never heard of them yet. Also in that line up that year was Dinasour Jr, Alice In Chains, rage against the machine, Primus, and many others. Tool was so much more discipline and detailed, and still are to this day.

Scott

1 Like

Nope :man_shrugging: ….it just operated on the “it’ll come when it comes” policy - but that’s always been 4-6 weeks - I’ve almost forgotten I’ve ordered them this time!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s an original pressing and I’ve had it for 15 years or so. I don’t recall where I purchased it from - could have been local record shop or from Acoustic Sounds. Lateralus is on its second pressing now and can be found most places. So happy shopping! :notes:

I guess the next diversion of this thread is likely to be about the best bicycle tool.

3 Likes

And???

I must confess not to having read all 2210 pages of this thread, and being an avid “digital domain” Naim guy I’ve really enjoyed the journey you guys are on and my, the SSE looks stunning. Well done Naim.
I know within our industry (sheet metal manufacturing) we have seen massive lead times on obtaining mild steel etc along with massive increases over the last twelve months. Our team where we work have been working jolly hard against all the odds, observing a safe working environment. I know all @ Naim will be working as hard to as ever to ensure you guys get your Solstice, and I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

Enjoy guys, and keep posting your thoughts, journey as the ol former DJ who still has his vinyl, you never know you might convert me back to the ol black stuff!!!

7 Likes

Solstice at a dealer place.

15 Likes

I can’t understand people not marvelling at the sleek modern aesthetic of the Solstice. Looks FANTASTIC here, really set off by its two companion boxes….

…takes all sorts I know! :roll_eyes::joy:

Dare I say it makes the 500 boxes below (and I have a few of those and love them dearly!) look a little bit dated…!? …we will have to wait a while before Naim update the range, but I’m super keen to see how they will continue this new design language into the larger form boxes.

Maybe the 3rd Product Launch for 2021 that was trailed (I wouldn’t go so far as to say “promised”!) might reveal that.

3 Likes

I must say, the Solistice and its two associated boxes look very fine on that wide equipment rack. Far better than they look on Fraim, which really doesn’t work for me.

3 Likes

@MattCray if the Solstice and its associated boxes and the 500s didn’t have the Naim logos on, would you be able to tell they’re from the same family.

1 Like

That pic speaks enough with regards to the platter being oversized, well, it is absolutely not.

3 Likes