New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Do they come with a free record?

I think you pay for it, but yeah, from the announcement in the OP:

To clarify, it comes free as part of the Special Edition set.

Unfortunately, due to the well-documented delays at vinyl pressing plants worldwide, it’ll be a while before the vinyl is ready, but everyone whom has bought a Solstice Special Edition will be sent the record once it’s available.

Is it a remaster from the Naim true stereo recordings cd from 2004?

No, it is a specific vinyl master from original True Stereo master recordings

1 Like

The True Stereo analogue recordings were all made by Ken Christiansen on his Nagra tape recorder. They’re superbly done and ideal for an LP release

2 Likes

Yes……they should……some gave mentioned they did not get one?

See a few posts back…

Jolly good

When a minute seems like a lifetime.

1 Like

I was just thinking how cool that would be, especially through a six pack and Isobariks. Not so sure about the marijuana though.

2 Likes

That’s what makes a minute seem like a lifetime but not in a “when will this end” sort of way.

1 Like

Looks very beautiful,
I’m curious to hear your experience from the comparison between him and the Linn?

1 Like

Well just spotted the 1st one I have seen for sale secondhand, at the dealers I think un opened, anyway a nice saving on new price.

1 Like

Somebody’s significant other blocked the pass for goal. LOL

1 Like

Come on Peter. You’ve had 4 days. What’s it like!??

It certainly looks the part, and puts the venerable Triggers Broom 12 to shame in the looks department in my view, but appreciate that its not some peoples cup of tea…vive la difference :innocent:

…and have you managed to resist stripping it down and trying the Aro2 on a TB12 yet??

…I’ll not ask you the obvious question, because I know you’d have been in touch if you did have :mantelpiece_clock: :wink: :birthday: :pensive::christmas_tree:

As a main Linn Lp12 dealer in UK, I understand that it’s complicate for Cymbiosis to write that the Solstice puts the Klimax Lp12 into shadow :laughing:

2 Likes

4 days……Yes indeed! I had a busy day on Saturday and went to the theatre in London on Sunday.

I needed to catch up with plenty of work in my garden on Monday but throughout I’ve been in touch with my Naim rep. The last conversation was at 4:45 this afternoon.
I hope for an update on the supply position tomorrow.

As I have said many times on here and elsewhere on social media. I’m keeping my views to myself other than to say they are both wonderful turntables and I’m happy to sell them both.

KR,

Peter

10 Likes

That’s a sturdy fence😉

5 Likes

Splinters! 🪵 :peach: :joy::joy:

3 Likes