New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Yes, that plinth is made from 47 distinct layers. Just one of the areas of extreme attention to detail, in service of the sound.

It’s a product made with real care - which is why the 500 are not instantly available, much as many would love that!

3 Likes

Not wishing to be pedantic here, but what’s with those marks across the wood? Doesn’t seem fitting of a 16k product?

Pesky wood grain, hey - why cannot trees grow without lines? :wink:

But seriously: that plinth is made from layers of marine-grade ply (so it does not warp); natural wood has markings. You’ll never see these at the underside of the deck.

7 Likes

Well done :ok_hand:

atb, Tom

That is amazing, what a great looking deck. I love the quality. Thanks for the pictures.

1 Like

Hello,
Have any of the forum members who purchased the turntable experienced ordering a custom lid? I would love to receive recommendations.

Regards

@KRM … What are your thoughts on sound quality?

Clearaudio offer generic ones in various sizes, as do Pro-Ject, and there are custom options. If you klick the magnifying glass top right, enter Dust and Cover, and select the “Search this thread” box, you should find these posts

Thanks! I’ll check that.

Hi Chris,

Well I made a stab at describing it in post 2962, but YorkshirePud said it best; “punch, slam, balls, nice bottom end, good vocals, very Naim”.

Keith

2 Likes

I’ve ordered a custom lid from a solo manufacturer here in the States. I expect to receive it in about another 2 weeks.

2 Likes

How exactly the lid was custom?
What dimensions and shape exactly were taken into account?
Should the dimensions of the lid and its exact shape not be handed over from Naim itself?

Regards

Thanks, that’s the link:

What should be the best?
And this is after it is desirable to take into account the Burndy bulge protrusion behind the turntable and its overall height above the fraim’s glass…
Anyway, I’ve sent to ClearAudio a request for a proper solution

Custom in that this gentleman fabricates it, for me, to order.

He had (and I confirmed) the dimensions of the tt and the location of the various cables. (No need for input from Naim; a good tape measure is all that’s required.)

One ‘custom’ aspect is that mine sits atop Fraim which admits of different approaches vs. having it sit atop a tabletop. So my cover will rest entirely on the plinth, not on the underlying support (tabletop).

I will surely post photos once it has arrived!

5 Likes

Interesting, waiting for the photos…

1 Like

I’m also a Fraim user, so thinking this will be the best solution for me also. Waiting for your views and images with great interest (as ever! :blush:)

Given that three sides of the plinth are acrylic, ergo the four corners are acrylic, you will want some sort of foot to prevent scratching. I’m also not sure if the acrylic fixings were designed with supporting the weight of a Perspex? cover. Just some (hopefully helpful) thoughts.

Yes he is going to put some cork or felt pads so that acrylic does not rest directly on acrylic.
My unscientific musing is that the acrylic outer plinth will support the weight of the cover.

If you can pick it up holding the sides then certainly it will be fine holding the cover, so no need to over complicate it.
but I know some naim owners do worry about everything lol

1 Like

Having had the acrylic bar drop off my Nova, yeah, I guess I do worry about that sort of thing. lol.

1 Like