New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I feel there’s a little risk with something like the Solstice, as it’s appears to be very well built. So 6 months less on a guarantee but maybe 20% discount is attractive for me.

They are stunning pieces of engineering. And the great thing is there’re so well engineered they never go out of adjustment. . .

A Master Innovation with a TT2 would be a dream. . . .

2 Likes

Had the chance to see but not hear the Solstice today at Cymbiosis, looks awesome…

3 Likes

Well built or not, there is always risk of fault.

My very expensive, very well built Clearaudio Universal tonearm developed a fault when the arm lost one channel. The U.S. distributor replaced it under warranty. I imagine the faulty arm was subsequently rewired and used for demo or as a refurbished/warranty item, but if not for the warranty I might have a faced an expensive and lengthy rewire.

For £16k it should be under warranty for a very long time whoever I bought it from!

I agree, but in the above discussion about the second hand Solstice, I believe it’s still on guarantee, just with some months less .

Rather a lot of months as it’ll be on the balance of the initial 2 years (with the clock ticking) and won’t be the eligible for the additional 3 year warranty offered in the UK.

1 Like

It maybe a moot point as there doesn’t appear to be a way to register the Solstice for any extended warranty at the moment. There’s no documentation to register with the product and no drop down on the website…the 6 month countdown is also tick-ticking.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for new products to be eligable for extended warranty?

1 Like

Send Naim support an email asking to register your purchase, and print off a copy so you can show date and time if the need ever arises. I’m sure Naim will respect the situation anyway. It’s not like there would be any real uncertainty about when this 500 actually got sold.

2 Likes

I’ll get Digital team to check that. Keep hold of your receipt and you’ll be fine to register shortly.

1 Like

Ok, didn’t knew that the additional 3 years will not be offered in that case.
But personally, if I were searching a Solstice to buy, a 20% discount on new would appeal me, even if only with 1,5 years guarantee. However, with what you just informed, I would try to have a bigger discount, maybe 30%.

Thank you Clare.

I’d just pinged Support before seeing your post, so also thank you David.

1 Like

Your first point of contact for service and repairs should be your dealer (assuming you bought from one) who should have records of exactly what you bought and when. If support from Naim is then required, the dealer will take care of it for you. In my experience this generally happens without the need for the customer to sweat over the details.

3 Likes

Fairly new to Naim and not had a need for any repairs etc to date. But always good to dot the i’s and cross the t’s with these things. It would be just my luck that 730 days down the line if anything did happen the question would be asked “did you fill the form in?”.

Rest assured, bought through a very helpful dealer.

It’s on sale for £15k. Still worth it if you’re desperate and if Naim are confident in what they’ve built, you should be fine.

2 Likes

I meant more “it’s an attractive proposition “. But now, I thought the price was lower. I don’t see any discount?

£1k off. Sealed boxes on a limited edition so not too bad I guess. That £1k could buy a fair few ‘vinyls’. :grinning:

But 3 years and some months less time guarantee….

@SilverHornet Naim website production registration page is now updated to include Solstice Special Edition in the drop-down menu, so you can register it when you get a chance.

4 Likes

Awesome!