New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I assume that this is for UK-only purchasers? Not US?

Bart, I believe Focal-Naim NA provides 5 yr warranties by default, but they aren’t transferrable (AFAIK).

1 Like

I never actually asked about this!

I thought you were asking about the registration. I think that’s how UK customers get their warranty extended to 5 yrs.

Rooster, do you really think it will break over a 5 year period?:thinking:

Not me, but maybe a majority of buyers would prefer to pay 1k more and have 3 years and half more time guarantee. Today a lot of people like to take maximum precautions.

1 Like

Still, it’s only what it’s advertised at. Maybe the dealer can have his arm twisted a bit over the price. He’s a good bloke - I bought my Rega Isis from him… 11 years ago. Crikey, where did those 11 years go! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Turntable are pretty simple things - it’s very unlikely to break.

Are you interested by the Solstice? Just curious

Given that my very expensive 252 has broken at just about 5 years, the extended warranty can be beneficial. However, I am third owner and thus have no warranty so it will be an out of pocket repair.

1 Like

Turntables aren’t always so simple, nor are tonearms. I was lucky to have a warranty when my tonearm developed a cable fault and lost a channel. Not to mention the Solstice and Clearaudio tables from Ovation up have the Optical Speed Control (OSC) and that could be rather costly in a repair if it fails.

Seems a shame naim drops its products like a brick if it has not come from holy places lol. Apple get a beating for many things, but they stand by their products in the first year regardless of how many people have ‘owned’ it.

3 Likes

No, sticking with what I have.

1 Like

Naim’s extended warranty isn’t transferrable, but the 2 year warranty is.

In the U.K. Policies are different in the U.S. where warranty is non-transferable.

1 Like

Ah thank you that make sense. Well a brand new tt in box is probably going to work and be fine or something is going to manifest pretty quickly surely?

UlrikL,

Give us an update on your new Solstice? How’s it sounding after a week of use? Thanks!

It seems lots of new solstice turntables are still un sold in the UK, as had 2 different dealers both trying to push these this week, as they have unsold stock of these, plus I make it 3 un opened ones I have seen for sale, one was £2k cheaper, the other 2 only £1k, which I feel is to high, so it’s looking like naim did about right on numbers (120 for UK) as the market for them in the UK looks to have dried up after the initial hipe.
I would like to know how many have actually sold, as in owners, not dealer stock, as the guy I use mostly sold 2 right at the start and the other 2 he ordered at the same time he still has.

1 Like

Not sure your numbers, @Dunc , are ‘lots’ but interesting nevertheless… :thinking:

We should not forget that £16k is an awful lot of money to spend. It may take a while to sell these.

My dealer has some sold….but no units to pass on to any customers yet?