New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Not sure how you’d administrate that. And would I suggest work against the less well off who depend on older vehicles etc.

Probably best to get back on topic. Feel free to start a separate thread if you wish to discuss the carbon footprint of various different cars. Thanks.

6 Likes

This really bothering me…
Which exactly Clearaudio dust cover you referring to?
because I’ve turned Clearaudio in order to find an appropriate soulotion, and that’s the answer I’ve got:

"Dear Ariel,
thanks for your email and your request regarding the dust cover for the Naim turntable.
We can’t offer such a dust cover which is especially made for the Solstice turntable and unfortunately none of the clearaudio dust covers do fit the Solstice, please understand.

I’d recommend to contact your Naim dealer and ask them for an offer for a custom made cover."

…sorry couldn’t resist…your second bullet point:
For many of us, vinyl is significantly better than the viable alternatives. Also, digital systems are quite power hungry.

And vinyl is better for me.

another picture of a demo near Antwerp of the Solstice vs ND555/2x555PS DR last weekend;, all naim cabling except for Chord Sarum T to the Marten Coltranes (Yin & Yang show @Alpha High End).

10 Likes

So are our problems?
I am a little discouraged even before it is delivered to me.

Congratulations to all of you that have or will have one of these turntables. I’m a steamer guy but I do appreciate a fine turntable. It was such a great thing for Naim to produce this, and evidently it was a roaring success. Super job Naim (now get to work on a 500 series integrated all in one).

1 Like

If you’re a steamer guy, I guess you have a steam-powered steampunk turntable? :joy:

Asciimation-Steampunk-o-phone-img1-544px

18 Likes

Now that’s cool.

1 Like

It’s completely uncomfortable and also a little worrying about the arm protection…
Even though I am optimistic and convinced that Naim will find a suitable solution for its customers

1 Like

Scott Nangle sells the Naim Solstice acrylic dust cover. Specially made for the Solstice.
Description from the Scott Nangle site:

CNC Machined from 5mm clear acrylic with UV bonded joints to provide a crystal clear edge finish
The thickness of all panels is 5mm.

At the back we made a Large centered 32x5 cm cut-out for power and signal cables.

All edges as well as the side-grips and cable cut-out at the back are polished for a smooth look and feel. Quality made… and still affordable.

Wall thickness is 5mm so total inside dimensions (compared to the outside dimensions) are 10mm less for width and depth and 5mm less for height.

I wouldn’t buy anything from that guy

7 Likes

Please get back on topic.

1 Like

@Dunc might be useful to briefly explain why you say this when people are looking for a solution that seems to be few and far between. This could be one of the only ones ‘easily’ available. Do you fear it might not work?

Google may be useful here Steve…

3 Likes

@james_n ahh ok, makes sense :smiley:

1 Like

Trust pilot can be a useful resource

2 Likes

Agreed @Zackwater. For me, the announcement of the Solstice was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2021. There’s a fair bit of quibbling and nit-picking in this thread about the details of delivery dates slipping (in maybe the most difficult conditions for manufacturing in a generation or two) or the cosmetics, or the ‘cheap’ cartridge and phono stage, or this, or that.
Personally, I think it’s fantastic news that Naim are in the record player game. I’ve no doubt they have and will deliver great joy for vinyl lovers. It’s pretty clear that these 500 units are just their first step and it will be fascinating to follow their journey. It should bring a lot of satisfaction to buyers and hopefully, prosperity to Naim Audio. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

You may be right. I don’t live in UK and don’t know him or his reputation.