New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

He is too busy with your Nakam… project

1 Like

Well bless my cotton socks…did not expect that!!! Where is the updated 272??..still I have to admit I bet that is superb turntable…well done Naim

2 Likes

Much as like the design - and well, everything about it….I’m not sold on the name, maybe it’s my slight lisp, but I find the word “Solstice” slightly awkward.

(Cue those that attended the meetings on product naming either feeling vindicated :relaxed: or having their day totally ruined :angry:) :joy:

Maybe I missed it, but this was clearly why the product was launched at 04:30 this morning. To coincide with the Solstice at Stonehenge. Nice. Glad this happened rather than sneaking it out via a leaked press release on an otherwise dreary Thursday :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Ahh it could have been worse. They could have named it the Solipsist. Or the Narcissist.

Serious side though, I like the name Solstice. It’s fitting for a statement product release, absent the option of using Statement!

2 Likes

They are still selling the 272 it seems - the naim website promoting how well it works with Tidal for the lucky buyers to discover :slight_smile:

1 Like

Though I don’t do vinyl, I do think that it’s certainly a lovely looking and very desirable piece of kit.

2 Likes

How about NVS TT…?

That works :relaxed::joy:

It looks good and hopefully sounds good. I’d put it on my list if I was to revisit the vinyl option. “New dawn” took a while after “Armageddon”. Not sure that was intended but made me smile :blush:. Well done to the design team. Hope lucky purchasers are pleased with it.

The new TT on the block…usually means everything else is not as good….usually means upgrade time for many….as they have too have one!!! :joy:……. and so on and so on………:grin:

How heavy is this thing ? Would it fit on my ‘Target’ wall bracket okay ? :smiley: Also, after 500 units made is that it…? No more ?

Yes - and leaves room for a speaker to continue the S motif - the Naim Shebang…

To have a Solstice - Statement - Shebang system would be the ultimate analogue Naim system.

1 Like

Blimey. I wish I had enough money to be able to sell an expensive TT and buy another expensive TT without even having heard it.

4 Likes

Naim sHelf ? Faim style wall shelf to match…

I thought AT makes the Clearaudio cartridges? If so, is the Equinox as well (even if Naim only deal with CA) ?

It’s not that much of a risk though, not much “new money” involved based on what the LP12 is worth, and I know the product will work better for me, and I’ve always been FAR more Naim than Linn in terms of the Sound…

1 Like

The whole team at Naim are genuinely brilliant.

4 Likes

I hope that reading their musings won’t be limited to just those with the TT and book.

A lot will come out in press interviews, i’m sure.

1 Like

I think Clearaudio’s MCs are all their own. Possibly some MM parts are supplied from elsewhere?

Which remind me of the time we received a Clearaudio Insider for some testing. I gingerly unpacked it ready to mount in an Aro, placed it on the table, then looked down again to see it was in two pieces. Oops…

2 Likes