New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Perhaps @GeoffC an design a special “GRAM” button that can be printed then cut out and stuck on the relevant NAC552 button…? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a good news day……I expect their will now be a number of LP12’s put up for sale on the cheap :joy:

2 Likes

I think early August is possible as hopefully Naim Retailer demo units arrive in late July :slight_smile:
KR

Peter

2 Likes

This may have been answered already, but will the new phono stage be optional to purchase as a separate in the future with this new release?

Scott

Scott, I think the answer here is “we’ll see how things go”…

No immediate plans - we’re going to evaluate future options once we get the launch out of the way.

2 Likes

I know a certain dealer in the midlands who will be DESPERATE to take the Aro off and try it on a Keel…

…will be very interested to see if it fits. Or there might be a re-run of the long running previous campaign to get Glasgow to make something special, to which the eventually acceded (well….they did so once a a large commitment was made)

3 Likes

Looks wonderful. Congratulations to everyone involved.
Curious to find out how the phono stage technology trickles across to Superline, if thats ever retired or updated in the future.

4 Likes

Honestly I’d adopt it! When I go for a week or so w/out music, the mental dance of, “Is the ND555 the tuner and the phono the cd?” gets old - like me!

Add to that the fact that since re-doing the cabling I never re-did the auto input switching . . . it got really silly at home. When I finally set up the system in our new home this will STOP I say, STOP! :smiley:

1 Like

Seems like an excellent step to me. Not for me because of digital preference, but makes total sense. Also looking forward to the updated cases for the classic range. The 252/300 combo in my dreams will look fab.

Great to see Naim expanding the range. Interesting to see some call this a retrograde step?

1 Like

And Stageline (N) as it does MM too. And as far as my junior sleuthing of circuit board layout goes, plus comments on a current Stageline thread, the new MM stage is not the same stage design present in the XS3/SN3, or existing Stageline. Could be a pretty high end MM option. Or they retire Stageline/Superline in favour of this new stage

Pictures or it never happened.

Speaking of pics, @Naim.Marketing I’m happy for you to send one to try & get a decent photograph of. Looks a challenge* with that shiny (and big platter). Promise to return it straight after.

• could take a few years. :wink:

Cheers, Rack.

3 Likes

Thanks for a quick reply. I am happy for Naim and with vinyl sales increasing every year, with no end in sight, it’s a good market to continue to support, and I am sure the package will sound wonderful. I am hoping for option in the future to purchase components separately.

Sorry to the folks wishing for 272 upgrade/update. Maybe someday soon.

Scott

…as long as I can connect my 250DR to it…happy bunny :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will post when it arrives!

…you and I have similar LP12 rigs, but my patience has been obviously tested mote than yours with the endless upgrades and tweaks and issues. It’s just never sounded as good as they do in dealers. I’ll not be sorry to see it go.

Steve S tells me that each input has a purpose designed head-amplifier suited to the coil characteristics so neither MM nor MC are compromised.

The MC headamp was a complete radical redesign - Class A with a zero feedback transconductance stage.

2 Likes

Why? Especially as very few outside Salisbury and the dealers have even heard it…

1 Like

I bought mine used in Klimax spec in 2019 (did the K bearing upgrade 12 months later) so I’m already one upgrade on the ‘journey’. :smiley:

Can’t see me changing now TBH even after seeing this. It’s been well set up and I’ll leave it as it is now along with the rest of the system.

Can’t honestly say I’m sold on the looks of the Solstice either. There’s something awkward about the big platters on these decks. The rest of it looks good though - the best angle being the top view. Which hides the height of the platter!

2 Likes

Mine is already sold - and it wasn’t “on the cheap” - market rate I’d say. But there are bound to be more LP12s on the market for a while, this however tends to just drive demand for those that have long hankered after a Keel (for example) and keep the prices up. It’s an interesting phenomenon.

I‘ll take two.

1 Like