New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Other than a confirmation from Chord that their Music cable is compatible I don’t know the details. I’ll inquire and ask which DIN they use.

Okay, thanks. The other issue is thickness of the cable. I have a Music interconnect, and it appears to be too thick to fit under the deck.

1 Like

Did you add that new pair of SL2 tweeters yet?

And can it only be played backwards today? Hint, hint

Solstice deserved a new Superline. 1nf & 100R Airplugs in place as well. I am making magic with this turntable.

24 Likes

I have focused all of my efforts on the Solstice and to a great result.
Tried 3 different cartridges with the Sutherland Loco and the winner is a Lyra Etna SL Lambda. Fantastic combination but required some tinkering to get proper VTF with the supplied Solstice counterweight. It would be most helpful if Naim offered a few different counterweights with different mass in the future. Future experiment will most likely be a My Sonic Labs …

4 Likes

The Lyra Etna SL Lambda is a very special cartridge… I bet it sounds great.

I wish Naim would reveal its future plans for Turntable(s) products. Is Solstice a one-off project or are there more models planned for the future.? And yes, additional counterweights would be ideal, but I’ve been told there are no plans to produce them.

3 Likes

Great to see fellow Solstice/ ARO owners using Superline/ Supercap and high level cartridges.

We have to mitigate the tricky counterweight adjustment and with my DV fitted I can only add limited anti skate. But the sound quality that can be extracted from the deck and arm has to be heard.

The Chord Music arm cable will be my final upgrade to it. I am going to enquire if the FRAIM glass can be cut without sonic detriment to decrease the angle as the cable exits the deck. That way I could go for the full gauge version.

1 Like

Has it made your Dohmann redundant?

Guess I should get around to trying my Superline with the Solstice. Just as has been mentioned the setup as delivered is very, very enjoyable.

1 Like

Well…I had to grab the Lyra from my Dohmann , so it sits sans cartridge atm.
No, the Solstice does not beat the Dohmann in absolute terms but it is such a fun listen atm that I have no interest to tinker with the other decks.
I do wish Naim would do a bit more to support this new product range- the kids are buying vinyl!

4 Likes

See a x demo one up for grabs, very little use £10999 or best offer, if anyone is looking for one still ?

I finally saw one of these in the flesh over at the Audiobarn last week. Still not sure about the big platter (it was parked next to an LP12 which still looks great) but it’s a beautifully engineered TT and far more handsome than some photos would suggest.

I rather like the styling of the N series components too, so it’ll be interesting to see more new products appear in this range.

4 Likes

I’ll make no apology for going slightly off-topic here, and I’m sure everyone will understand.

@JeredH Haven’t seen any update from you on here for a while which, of course, is completely understandable. Sincerely hope that your treatment is going well and that you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy your Solstice turntable.
We’re still thinking of you man! All best wishes.

13 Likes

I’m doing well, and after spending 45 days at Mayo Clinic halfway across the country, I am now genetically modified and hopefully kicking cancers ass :facepunch: I just got home and have made room on the Fraim for the Solstice and should have it setup by this weekend.

Thanks for thinking of me @Swanny… it really means a lot and I’m grateful for this community. I had a few rough days during treatment, but I’m feeling good now.

51 Likes

Thats great to hear.

1 Like

So pleased to hear that, the music will help you heal. Take care.

1 Like

That’s great to hear :+1: (about your health I mean, although I’m sure it will also be great for you to hear the Solstice too).
Hope the dark days are behind you now, and you can look forward to a long and musical :musical_score: :notes: future. You’re in a great part of the world for that at least!
All the best.

2 Likes

just getting started with setup. I’ve never had to setup a table this nice…

What is the correct weight that should be displayed on the digital stylus gauge?

edit: I found this info in the user manual: 2.2g - 2.4g

2 Likes

It’s a huge improvement over the Pro-Ject debut carbon tt!

34 Likes