New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Congrats! Looks great.

Make sure you put the drops of oil ON the ceramic collar and not inside.

1 Like

It’d want to be, I could only imagine the response if you didn’t hear a difference. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed the first drop wanted to go inside the tube of collar. So I was sure to apply 3 more drops on top of collar and that it dripped down outside of collar

1 Like

Again I’m so new to a table of this caliber. How often should you check the weight of stylus using digital stylus gauge? Do you listen for audible changes…or wait until counterweight might get bumped?

1 Like

Once the tracking force is set it should stay put unless the counterweight gets bumped. I check mine occasionally, but it’s never been off.

The Equinox needs about 70 hours to run-in, you’re in for a treat once you reach this milestone.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

When I had the Linn Karousel fitted last year, Peter advised leaving the deck spinning for several days before playing a record to make sure the new bearing had time to ‘bed in’.
I guess it would be the same for the Solstice (or almost any quality turntable for that matter)?

How strange. I’ve bought a few turntables and always play records straight away. I can’t imagine anyone waiting a few days before trying out their new acquisition.

6 Likes

Me neither HH

Straight away - that’s why I buy them :+1:

3 Likes

Perhaps I phrased it badly. He didn’t tell me not to play it, he just suggested that it would take a while for the new bearing to settle and hear it at its best.
Seems logical to me that the bearing would take a while to settle down (especially the Linn which is transported with wedges under the inner platter).

3 Likes

That makes a lot more sense!

3 Likes

Hope all goes well

There’s a new Solstice in NZ on sale from the Naim retailer if anyone is keen.

No thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Seeing how many are still on sale might suggest it wasn’t the success Naim hoped for. I guess we’ll find out if anything non-limited will appear.

1 Like

How many are for sale? USA is sold-out… they’re all spoken for.

I have no idea, but from memory I’ve seen a few mentions of them being for sale on this thread. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way I’d be interested to see if this becomes a new line of product(s) or just a one-off.

A few out of 500 does not suggest a product failure in my opinon. As for will the Solstice continue in production after 500 is up for debate. I’ve heard that ClearAudio may not want to continue production due to their own supply chain issues.

Shame if it’s only 500, it’s an exceptional turntable.

7 Likes

I think there was only 1 available in New Zealand, and it hasn’t sold and is now discounted.

One available in Scotland too. ‘Display stock’.

And Leicestershire…ex demo.