New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Fair enough :+1:

2 Likes

The more I look at mine the more I love it.
The “saucepan” platter (as some deride it) is bold and beautiful.
All in the eye of the beholder, of course.
It also happens to make rather a good job of playing records.

2 Likes

I’ve had an update from James. The pressing schedule slipped a bit due to “material shortages” and “increased capacity allocation for the major label releases” so now looking like they will be pressed after Christmas and ready to ship around March/April. I’m told this schedule is now “locked in”…

2 Likes

Richard,

Have you had a chance to hear the Solstice yet? If so, I’ve missed your thoughts on it if you posted here previously.

OA

I have although somewhat brief and not under ideal conditions, so I’m not really able to give any meaningful opinion as yet.

How do you think it would fare into a Nait 2?

As with everything, your system is only as good as the worst bit.
The solstice will be no different to another one, but wether that means your system will allow it to show its true performance, thats the question.
As always balance is the answer unless you are planning a big upgrade on all the system to keep the balance

1 Like

The NAIT 2 loves a top quality source, so I would imagine it will do very nicely.

3 Likes

If anyone has the round objects* to pair a Solstice with a Nait 2, I’d love to come round to have a listen.

Alternatively, I have a Nait 2 available at home, if anyone wants to bring along their Solstice for a spin.

(*courtesy of ‘Yes Minister’)

Records (Vinyls in modern parlance) ?

No…

Think objects used in the World Cup.

Really…

How rude :wink:

45 Likes

Yeah Baby!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That might be the best pic yet of the Solstice IMO. Really makes the tall plinth look wonderful. I’m still a little tempted to go x2 turntables.

Oh c’mon Chris, give us a report on how it pairs, won’t you?!?

I have a CB Nait 2 that needs some West magic. I am sorely tempted to pair it with a Solstice.

1 Like

Sadly my Nait 2 needs a spa date with Chris West. I’m trying to decide between the basic service and the ultimate.

I can guess which option you’ll go for :grinning:

You folks in the US are very lucky to have Chris West and his restoration (and more) services.

3 Likes