New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Well I probably was spoiled, but also this is probably the start of the affliction we all on here suffer from……:thinking:

1 Like

Arcam are no longer willing to…?

They could, probably… :neutral_face:

1 Like

If that were the case then it would be shameful indeed to talk of “a lifetime of musical enjoyment” and then wash their hands of it!

I find it hard to believe that it would be that difficult to source replacement components - even if they aren’t strictly to original spec then surely something could be done to keep the thing working well enough? If not then they ought to provide a replacement amp from their current range in order to honour the “lifetime of enjoyment” claim!

I suspect however they are more likely to say something along the lines of “the lifetime of musical enjoyment referred to the product’s lifetime - not yours!”

1 Like

Or you might enter some kind of dystopian nightmare parallel universe where Arcam go round bumping their historic customers off: just to ensure their claim of a “lifetime’s” enjoyment is accurate :scream::scream::scream:

:fearful:

Great news Steve, thanks for getting this done. Can I ask what weight the new, alternative counterweight will be?

1 Like

@KJC-great question :+1:

Can we get back to discussing Solstice’ amazing sound quality. I use mine daily. It has all the classic Naim virtues (since it was designed by Roy). The sound is tuneful, involving and emotional. Superline/Supercap takes the sound to another level over the NVCTT.

I could not be happier.

7d0dff4f38d5cbd5e6fdc33064a6072e55da25a5_2_375x500

32 Likes

Good one Chris thanks

1 Like

Great photo of the Solstice TT btw!

1 Like

Chris, what cartridge are you using? The OEM or something else. I thought you tried using a DV?

New movie genre? The Audiophile Horror channel?

2 Likes

Please stop. All of this positivity is totally uncalled for.

6 Likes

Using the Equinox and I had custom Z-Foil AirPlugs made for the Superline. It’s a great cartridge. When it dies i’ll replace with a Lyra (and hopefully the new counterweight).

NPX300 power supply is also on my wishlist.

3 Likes

What Lyra do you plan to get? (I use Lyra) And what’s the value of your Z-Plug?

I’d look at the Etna SL or Atlas SL at some point, but that’s a few years away.

Equinox loading: 100R + 1K

1 Like

The Atlas SL is a real thing of beauty. I imagine the Etna SL is too. I have a Z-Plug for my Superline and load the Atlas SL/Mono both at 470R.

BTW: The list prices for Lyra just went up 10%. Etna SL is now $10,995 and Altas SL is now $14,295.

1 Like

That is why I’m glad Linn lock you in with nice trade in value. I’m waiting for an Ekstatic to be installed replacing my Kandid. I used to be a Lyra customer before Linn got me with the Akiva. Once they get you it is usually too difficult to leave

Best
Gregg

2 Likes

Once you have a Lyra they also offer trade-in/trade-up/rebuild credit. The rebuild cost is a lower percentage of new than some other cartridge suppliers (e.g. Clearaudio or Dynavector).

Time to update your profile sir!
Hope your speaker journey has not been too painful :grinning:

1 Like