New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Typo Michael I meant P3 but I will report back :+1:

Just to say the naim platter is not too big :grinning:

6 Likes

Is there an accompanying wall shelf for that?

3 Likes

I would imagine that your property would need a full structural survey before purchasing that…

1 Like

Just shows the lengths you need to go to in order to try to get a record to play well.

This is a hard topic to fallow.

I kindly ask for your opinion

İ am not a turntable guy but have 1000+ records

Currently collecting cds for my cd555 and enjoying qobuz with nd555

I got a very good offer for a brand new solstice, i would be happy with a plug play system and not change anything

1. Is this a good sounding turntable/cartridge/phono cut combo?

2. The problem using other cartridges could be a real one if i damage the needle or something

Is it worth to pull the trigger on it? Pros and cons? You can make a nice Rega p10 set with 10k € i guess

Any owners or not owners to enlighten me?

1 Like

I did have a demo………this may sound stupid but it has a very very Naim like sound………i really liked it. It was just the realisation that i had got so used to skipping tracks with streaming, a TT was not for me.

Perhaps @ChrisBell who owns one can chip in with a more expert comment.

2 Likes

Can you get to hear it Emrei? It’s a good turntable for the money that they are selling for now. Stick with the package as is and it has to be a good option.

4 Likes

There is only one, just the all technical stuff, i dont want to stuck with something broken in a bad scenario

The price altough is good still good money

1 Like

I own a Solstice for more than a year now and I have to say that I am very satisfied with it. I listen to my records quite often and I like the SQ even more than playing Tidal or Qobuz my NSS333 + NPX300.

With respect to cables I have replaced the standard Din cable with a Chord Sarum T Din cable which I could buy for a good price (ex demo). The power chord I use is the Chord Epic.

1 Like

Be interesting what will happen when the stylus wears out. :scream:

1 Like

What happened to a lighter counterweight being made? Maybe one is available now Skep!

1 Like

That’s why I mentioned it to see if there was any uptake for replacement time. :wink: :+1:t2:

That’s a good question…

@Richard.Dane - ??

1 Like

I posted the last I’d heard on the matter; I was told that a prototype had been made and tested and Naim had got costings. It just needed to be presented to management and given the green light (or not) and then, if a green light given, wait for word on lead times from whoever was making/supplying the part. I’ve not heard anything new since then, unless @110dB has any update.

1 Like

I’ve been very pleased with the sound of my Solstice and there are a few deals out there that make it an excellent buy. I wouldn’t worry about phono cartridge issues, you will get many years out of the Equinox and any competent turntable shop will be able to fit a replacement when that time comes. We’re all hoping Naim puts the lighter counterweight into production which will make this easier.

4 Likes

I think with cd player and nd555 i would listen 5/6 LPs per week

İ am 51

Who will last longer?

5/6 LPs are good enough for me

How many i need to spin?

One at a time but I wouldn’t invest that much with only 5 or 6 for a collection. :wink:

That is not the collection, ı have 1000+ records some new some from my parents some good pressings

5/6 records i will listen per week i meant

Sorry for the English :slight_smile:

1 Like