New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Dealers have already got orders in…….so it will be first come, first served i would assume?

1 Like

That’s probably one for Clare to answer.

What I can say though is that if you want one then don’t hesitate…

1 Like

You might have to sell one of your 555PS’s for this @Gazza :joy::joy:

1 Like

Might be sold out before dusk on the longest day in the Empire :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I hope all the dealers in the U.K. who are closed on Monday are checking their emails :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

No i am relieved……i decided a few years back to sell my vinyl to remove the temptation. I can sit back and watch others enjoy what looks to be a great TT. I will get a listen at my dealer when it turns up, he is great, he knows i won’ t be buying this…….but he plays the long game. He knows he will reel me in again on something else😬

6 Likes

Reminds me bit about the VPI Classic (3000USD)

2 Likes

It’s obvious that this isn’t just going to be a 500 and that’s it exercise so what’s going to mark out the limited edition versions from the regular models? I can’t see it being anything spec wise so if it’s just the book and the records and a saving of a few £k, I’d wait.

Saying that, there’s a decent future investment opportunity for anyone who manages to get hold of the ‘Solstice Edition’.

You could be looking at the Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0/ 911R of the TT world with this one.

1 Like

sad that i sold all my vinyl…

1 Like

Indeed. At £16000 its going to be surprisingly affordable to many. If interest is so high it exceeds 500 sales (as I would expect it to be) I wonder if Naim will really stop at 500.

What a waste of time.
All this hype just to sell someone else’s turntable with a rebadge on it.

4 Likes

Can I claim my prize now? Just the one is fine.

Lovely distinct yet understated piece of design imho.

G

3 Likes

Getting on with the job, I’ve already sorted the small iKea vase

which so far is used for Chinese sticks.

I’ve googled around and discovered that a Solstice Celtic Special Adaptor

will be available on request for £499 to satisfy the needs of those who wish to play their collection of Petula Clark singles.

6 Likes

Ah, the trolls are awake :wink:

It’s not a rebadge - it’s a unique design. As you would know, if you’d bothered to read anything about it. Or indeed looked at it.

22 Likes

Well I never expected this… it’s not April 1st?

I would love to hear it!

Richard

4 Likes

It’s clearly much more than that, but you know what they say about opinions.

3 Likes

You’ve misunderstood something somewhere. This is Naim’s turntable, designed by Roy, Steve, Paul and the rest of the Naim R&D team. Clearaudio build the turntable part for Naim (it’s their expertise - and they have the space too, which Naim does not), while the rest is built at the Naim factory in Salisbury.

15 Likes

to my eyes it looks really beautiful, and that Naim badge in front of it, well, looks fantastic to me.

I would like to hear it, urgently !

2 Likes

maybe one day we will see the return of a Naim badge speaker too, perhaps built by focal, but a real Naim speaker?

4 Likes

It would be what i would do…….but perhaps too much of a poke in the eye for Focal.