New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Since Peter IS the authority in Linn turntables is what I think you meant to say. :grin:

Scott

2 Likes

It’s nice to be in demand and wherever possible I’m always happy to share my expertise. If you’re interested there is a 25,000 word document with 100 images on the Cymbiosis website detailing set up technique along with a potted history as it goes along. Good sources of the information you seek would also be Wikipedia and the Vinyl Engine website. It’s also worth mentioning you can contact Linn directly on their helpline as they employ two people full-time to field a variety of product questions. Sadly there is only one of me with very considerable pressures on my time but I’m sure you will enjoy your research and perhaps now we can get back to discussing the Solstice as this is what readers here are visiting this thread for. KR Peter

8 Likes

It will be a conical platter

1 Like

n-lot, obviously as a dealer, Peter is limited in what he can say about other brands on here, so I would suggest you do as he suggests and take a look at his very detailed set-up document or contact Linn directly for the answers you seek.

Quite apart from that, this thread is about the Solstice…

8 Likes

I have a DVXX2 I would say the Naim cartridge is on a par with this having heard it

I was with @MarcJaffrey on the day

The solstice Jason demoed was Naims first deck so I would imagine it he cartridge had more than 50 hours run in time

Jason and @Cymbiosis set the system up on Friday afternoon and the demo was Saturday morning

1 Like

Yes this particular example had got plenty of hours on it as previously it had been used extensively at the factory and I believe with reviewers previewing it. So no worries about run in
KR
Peter

1 Like

Ahhhh, the Linn bible. I used it in my first go at tear down and rebuild as you know. Hope you are well Peter. Thanks for your input and guidance as always.

Scott Taylor - USA.

1 Like

Good here thanks Scott and we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our demo Solstice. It will be great to have a very serious alternative to the LP12 here for clients. Exciting times! :grinning:
KR,
Peter

2 Likes

Love this. If you’re going to upgrade. UPGRADE.

Nicely done Sir

3 Likes

One is on order from me.

5 Likes

Was the recent demo @Cymbiosis used with the Lavender HiLine, or Superlumina IC?

Superlumina

2 Likes

Solstice doesn’t come with a lid so it’s not a complete product.

Just saying…. :wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy::relieved: …does come with a “dust cover” though - which I don’t have particularly high hopes for!

Come on @MattCray, you know you want to add this question: was it demonstrated with a PowerLine?

1 Like

I simply refuse to have my buttons pressed in such a blatant way…!

But - now you mention it - would be interesting to know! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yes î’ve seen a powerline on pictures from cymbiosis

My retailer is on holiday? Is there a dust cover with solstice package ?

IIRC Clare mentioned that there’s a range of acrylic turntable covers offered by Clearaudio. There should be at least one that will suit.

On my Rega RP10 I use a Pro-Ject cover that fits very nicely around the Fraim Glass and sits on the wood. I would guess that the thing to watch with the Solstice would be the height of the cover, which will need to clear the arm top.

Project cover it1

6 Likes