New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I suppose I was commenting on both my (growing) (slight) frustration that I don’t have one in the house yet, when the indications were end of July - but also that the excitement in the community has died down to an extent that nobody is talking about it anymore….other than my plaintive whimpering….and that can’t be good PR.

Creating a buzz needs to be followed up with something in a reasonable time frame, or it’s just The Stone Roses “Second Coming” :joy:

1 Like

And my comment was meant in the best possible taste and humour. And yes I accept your points… I would possibly be equally somewhat scratchy about it.

4 Likes

Unfortunately with Naim there is almost always a lengthy delay between product introductions and initial shipping. Same with Apple.
As a consumer I find it a bit frustrating

1 Like

Nice picture on Instagram from a German dealer who have theirs though…

(Warning - this picture isn’t going to convert the platter sizists :roll_eyes::joy:)

(Side note - I’ve got quite a few of those records. The Jimi Hendrix boxset is superb)

3 Likes

I don’t think it is the same with Apple. For example they announced the 2021 iPad Pro. They opened the website for orders 3 weeks later, said they would deliver in 3 further weeks and it did indeed arrive by courier spot on time. It was the same with my last iPhone and the last time I bought a Macbook Pro.

2 Likes

Hang in there Matt. Everything comes to he who waits :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s interesting clear Audio have gone with Rega set up geometry.
The cynic in me feels they are going to market the arm separately. Would make sense since most TTs out there are drilled for Rega P-S.
Might be a clever marketing move now SME don’t make their arm available unless you buy an entire deck from them.

That’s the Focal-powered-by-Naim flagship store in Berlin. I was there 10 days ago but the Solstice wasn’t yet :frowning:

1 Like

Must be frustrating, but hopefully worth the wait. I’m on standby for an invitation to hear it when available at a couple of dealers. No invitations yet…

1 Like

It’s not Rega. The mount distance is similar to the old Aro. I posted on this a day or two ago having had clarification from Roy.

1 Like

I found that picture when tapping Naim Solstice. Is it the top Rega , 30k one?

2 Likes

I think this is a Schiit Sol.

2 Likes

Ah thanks. Was curious to know which one it is. As the platter is white, I was wondering about the Rega. Don’t know why google found it when searching Solstice.

Sol and Solstice, I think Google made a link.

1 Like

By golly that’s difficult to say quickly without sounding like a sailor

3 Likes

If you added up the price of everying that Schiit makes, it would not total $30K.

For fun, I googled Schiit Sol and: Sol turntable is so well conceived, designed, executed, made in America and remarkably priced at $799 including a $119 Audio Technica AT-VM95EN cartridge–to quote Micheal Freamer(sp?)

Almost seems like a zero is missing, but its in keeping with all their other gear. Great value.

2 Likes

He says « fascinating sound to bring music lovers on a budget… ». Great value apparently, and from the picture I could never have guessed that it costs only 799 dollars.

Let’s call it the MINI SOLSTICE !

2 Likes

Cracking review of it on Stereophile. Sounds like a really interesting deck. Not seen it before either, thanks for accidentally stumbling across it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like this ‘Sol’ may also be suffering from Production, QC, and supply chain issues…looks very interesting though…good spot.

Schiit is very up front that this is not a plug and play deck–It has lots of potential for Tweaking and I believe there is a Forum dedicated to just tweaks–but I have not seen it. The Solstice is the opposite from what I have read.