New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

A friend of me has a solstice since yesterday
He send me a vidéo with his phone : fantastic sound , prat and it’s a wonderfull turntable

And he told me ; preamp phono is very good but superline with supercap dr is better
Bravo naim

9 Likes

Always wondered…is the pronunciation as spelt?

Being an American make, I’m not sure.

Could be Skitt for all I know!

Say it just the way it is and as you would expect - sh1t. Stoddard blames his wife for the name.

Ah, thanks.

With the double ‘ii’, I tend to hear Richard Pryor in my head whenever I see the name…“well…sheeee…it!!!

Either way, it’s a crap name!

Gets coat and leaves…

5 Likes

499 to go!

What’s the rest of your friend’s system? What turntable does the Solstice replace? What are his thoughts on the Equinox cartridge?

282 250dr hicap ndx2 and focal sopra and naca 5
Great sound great prat
Better than a Lp12 klimax : more prat more naim sound
Cartridge naim is fantastic

Naim aro 2 : superb

About cartridge for claire : is there a stock for solstice owners ?

1 Like

If you go to the schiit web site and click on “about” you will hear the pronounciation and either the first or second i is silent.

1 Like

“say hello to all the apples on the ground
They were once in your eyes but you sneezed them out while sleeping
Say hello to everything you’ve left behind
It’s even more a part of your life now that you can’t touch it”

I’m told “ETA is probably October” here in the States

1 Like

no 50hz model available yet.

1 Like

A dealer in Melbourne now has the solstice on its website at $32ks AUD.

Addicted to Audio Pete ?

If so that’s the distributors retail outlet

I’ll bet no stock until quite a few months

Think it was but I can’t remember. Has Harry ordered yours :grin:

Nah not going there mate

Don’t want an oil rig look alike in my lounge

2 Likes

It’s definitely not the greatest looking thing Naim make but it’s not as ugly as some I’ve seen in hi fi mags. I don’t get the setups that have the motor/drive completely separate, while I understand that removing them may help reduce unwanted noise it seems odd that there’s no constancy on how far or how close they sit. I’d thought that would effect speed etc. but I know nothing about turn tables.

Nor do I really technically speaking , I just like what I like sound wise

But I won’t be having this TT, if tonearm and power supply come out individually down the track, maybe, but that’s it

I would agree, but then price point would be higher than current RSP

In our demo with a fresh out of the box Klimax both decks were suberb and both different is sound - Solstice was exactly as you mention the NAIM sound - very easy to just get plenty of music and envolement - Kilmax was classic Linn

I to really liked the cartridge and the ARO II could become a classic

if I was in the market now for a deck at that level a demo is a must

1 Like

Yes linn is more fluid and High register is more défi defined but for my friend naim sound of solstice is more addictive with naim : more rythm , better médium
It’s différent but solstice is great combo : he has used a hi-Line not a superlumina

I’m very happy with my Systemdek :slight_smile:

I just thought, if I was in the market, then the Sol looked interesting. Could have 2 arms set up with different carts, looks like DIY arm rewiring would be doable. The counterweight looks tweakable too. And it looks stunning, with the unipivot on display. It has future classic written all over it.