New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

I think this was in reference to Naim as U.K. distributor trying to ensure that all U.K. demo stock arrived at the dealers at the same time. Obviously they would also try to extend that to the rest of the world, but not at all easy, hence why the first export batch shipped first because of the possibility of long shipping times and delays at the moment.

My mother often repeated a saying to me when I was growing up. “Too much laughter turns to tears.” Please Matt do not let your excitement to get this new product flip over to such negative emotions.

Catch yourself. Enjoy some sunshine if it’s available. Have a nice meal. Listen to some great music.

Now that the “rush” of adrenalin / endorphins / serotonin has worn off it can be human nature to search out the next set of strong emotions. Joy turns to anger. Anger turns to fear. Fear turns to hate. You get it. Don’t give in. Stay strong!

6 Likes

When I buy lps from Discogs, via economic posting, they generally come quicker from Japan than from UK. 1 week vs 10 days.

2 Likes

Given your avatar, surely you meant this:

“Fear is the path to the dark side (Linn). Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

2 Likes

Yes my paraphrasing was very poor!

Matt really just needs to “Use the Schwartz” and he’ll be fine!

2 Likes

:blush::blush::blush::joy:

I’m genuinely not grumpy or losing any enthusiasm for anything (in fact what you’re seeing IS enthusiasm) I just like my level playing fields level, and don’t like to feel that there is a disadvantage to living in Naim’s home market…

Like I said earlier - whatever the whys and wherfores - UK orders have found themselves right at the bottom of the pile.

2 Likes

I think Matt has a valid point. Although you could call it a first world problem.
Ekey Solomon would be well impressed
“He pays his moneys and we don’ts gives it to hm! perfect my dears, now run along and gets me some more of that!”
Sorry just read the potato factory…again

1 Like

Quick update: i’m in the factory all next week, so will get (and share) all the details on next shipments etc.

4 Likes

Totally get your frustration Matt, I’d be feeling similarly let down, seems a really odd way to actually decide to do things this way. Hope your order finds some momentum soon.

1 Like

Dude - embrace the suck, as we’d say in the Army.

You’re going to get one, we all know you’re going to pronounce it the best thing ever, so until you receive it please stop second-guessing and bitching about how a successful company seems, according to you, to be going out of its way to inconvenience you.

3 Likes

Audio T in Reading was shut from the 10th to 23rd, it’s like France has followed me.

1 Like

I would more understand your frustration if the Solstice was a gift to your wife birthday. Not delivered in time is very annoying in that case :laughing:

1 Like

I think that there was a logic to it - but reality intruded. Shipping times to the US were shorter than anticipated. But they will arrive, and work just as well.

3 Likes

Actually it’s pretty logical that this can happen. To ensure that US and UK get their units at approx. the same time, you probably have to ship to US weeks before UK. But you don’t know exactly how long it takes with customs and all, so you assume some value, say 6 weeks. But hey, suddenly the cogs turn a bit quicker and it only takes 5 weeks. And there you have it, the outrageous scandal of the US having theirs a week earlier

5 Likes

I guess really if you are so unhappy about it, then cancel the order and get something else?
That is what I would do if I was so bothered about it, simple, if not then just take it and wait.

1 Like

It is not a scandal at all. I just question why international fairness is even a thing.

The scandal wasn’t necessarily in reference to you but in general, sorry if unclear.

As for the international fairness, it depends I guess. Maybe not strictly necessary, but we are witnessing right now the result if unfairness is perceived. Without an attempt, the same complaints could easily have come from elsewhere, whoever does not get them first

The quickest shipping I know, quite extraordinary, is from Uptone USA.
I was delivered 24 hours later.

2 Likes

If America Audio made a new thing and I bought one, I wouldn’t be surprised or unhappy if Clint in New York got his before me. The only reason I would be surprised is if 75% of America Audio’s business was in my county, not in America, but even then I would realise that local customers are thousands of miles closer than me.

I can sense your frustration through these pages Matt. Try and look ahead. Whilst I’m not too interested in vinyl/The Solstice, I look forward to reading your positive review of the turntable, when it does arrive. I hope you absolutely love it, and that it provides you with years of pleasure.

4 Likes