New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

My wife’s birthday is in a little over a week. I am stopping at the jewelry store today. No sense in leaving it 'til the last minute!

(The sales guy had her birthday in his calendar from a prior year. He texted me and earned a sale. That’s win - win!)

4 Likes

Yes, I fully agree. But I suppose with the internet telling us if someone else received it earlier, patience is shorter. We have complaints now and there may well have been complaints from the other direction if US customers had had to wait while reading about Brits receiving them.

You should try attempting to source a SRAM Force 12 speed cassette Matt - makes Rocking Horse manure seem ubiquitous!

2 Likes

Better not take risks in that case. Sometimes people divorce for less.:laughing:

I ordered/paid my Solstice the day it was announced. I thought for sure I’d be at the top of the list, but alas my friends in the USA will take delivery before me. I’m not the least bit angry… covid has taught me to be patient, it’s just a turntable and I can wait.

…but please hurry up :wink:

12 Likes

Chris are you located in Canada? I have always enjoyed your “system pics” for the lovely view you have. There is a guy in Toronto that received his Solstice this week from HiFiFoFum. You would think all North American units would arrive together.

1 Like

Seattle.

1 Like

Goodness guys, are you really still talking about Solstice deliveries?

9 Likes

:grinning:

1 Like

To clear up my position on this in light of some slightly odd (one or two even borderline trolly) responses :blush:

To quote my Mum. I’m not angry, I’m disappointed. (But not very)

I think Naim - no doubt with the best intentions - have tried to coordinate things.

This hasn’t worked.

They have dispatched a few (don’t know how many, but at least two) to export markets - they did this in July.

It’s almost September - and these have now started landing in customers homes.

Naims biggest market is the UK - and to the best of my knowledge they haven’t dispatched any Solstices to the UK. Not a dealer demo unit, not a customer unit. Not one.

So that’s 8 weeks after they started shipping Export models, and the UK dealer network are (understandabley) frustrated and the UK customer orders - and yes I’m on of those - are equally frustrated.

Evidently Naim made the decision to only start fulfilling customer orders for the UK market when they had demo stock in all (all being key here - as it accounts for 20 units) of the Solstice dealers.

My beef - and it’s not ruined my day or my anticipation of the Solstice arriving - is that this strategy has put UK customers at the bottom of the pecking order, and what should have been the simplest logistics chain is actually now back loaded to accommodate more complex chains.

So Overseas Dealers get theirs first, followed by overseas customers, followed by UK dealers, followed by UK customers. I don’t think it’s controversial to point out that for a UK based company whose biggest market is the UK, that’s a little odd!

I suppose the point I’ve been making is that this feels like an unintended consequence of trying to be a bit too clever with the logistics and anticipate delivery times etc.

I DO think that there should have been a priority placed on actual customer orders (yes….such as mine) but I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

It’s a COMPLETELY different situation to the lead time issues we are all aware of on other Naim kit - and I’m also suffering (largely in silence :roll_eyes::joy: on) which is manufacturing and parts constrained. This is the application of a launch strategy.

The biggest takeaway I have is that planning these things is complex - and that you certainly can’t please all of the people all of the time - but perhaps a little more (or maybe a little less!) thought could have gone into the initial distribution.

7 Likes

But Seattle is in the USA,and his post talks about his friends in the USA receiving their units before him.Maybe I misunderstood his point.

2 Likes

Is an open forum really a place to be venting on the delivery of something you have ordered, surely dealer and at worst Naim direct is the way.
Naim are trying to do their best and had the best of intentions when organising the deliveries in the way they have.
This thread feels like the Matcray show. Just have patience like everyone else.

7 Likes

Yes it is. It relates to Naims release strategy for the Solstice, and has nothing to do with the dealers, who know no more than me, and definitely no more than you.

Maybe go on to LOOOOOONG thread about Delivery Leadtimes and tell people on there they have no business discussing it in here because it’s nothing to do with Naim? (BTW - It is…)

Sorry about that. Just responding to others comments. Free speech and all that. Maybe mute this thread and read something else? …I’m guessing you’re probably not an early purchaser of a Solstice also waiting for delivery so why bother getting up tight about other people discussing it?

5 Likes

And how do you come to that conclusion.
That comment about sums it up…

3 Likes

@MattCray

You know it makes sense… :wink:

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I could convince myself this is actually Naim’s strategy for me!

2 Likes

:grinning:

Perhaps you should let my good friend Chris answer a question directed to him - so at least he has the option of disclosing where HE lives?

It’s Toronto Richard
This one is being set up tomorrow.

3 Likes

He did. Anyone can click on Chris’s user icon and see this:

5 Likes