New MC cartridge

@kuma, That’s how I found the XX2. The Krystal/ Prefix sounded great once I finally got my system up and running yesterday afternoon.

@marksnaim, Your right, the Krystal is a good looking cartridge, but how it sounds is much more important. My aim is to gradually bring my LP12 up to Klimax spec. over the next few years, with the Kandid being my last upgrade. But, I’m going to just enjoy my system as it is for the next 12 months or so.

I’m presuming my Krystal/ Prefix will take quite a few LP’s before it sounds at it’s best. Also, I haven’t “dialled in” the tracking weight yet: I just set it at 1.75g and played several LP’s.

Out of all Linn carts, Troika is still the prettiest one.

7 Likes

Oh yes. I loved my Troika many moons ago. LP12/Ekos/Troika/32.2/HC/HC/Naxo/3x250/Isobariks. Happy days with that.

3 Likes

My Kandid is at 1.73g. Sounded great right from the start so haven’t experimented with weight/bias yet. Listening to LOTS of records at the moment and getting familiar with the sound. :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think I could get the tracking weight that accurate as still use the free scales that came with Hi-fi Review magazine many years ago!

1 Like

That’s where the ears come in handy :grin: I’m using a digital scale that was actually not expensive at all IIRC.

1 Like

TBH, my system is sounding superb right now, to the extent that I may not need to adjust the tracking weight at all. But I may experiment at the weekend as I’m just enjoying playing records at the moment.

The Krystal/ Prefix is a big upgrade on the Goldring 1042/ Stageline that it replaced.

3 Likes