New Naim & Focal what?

I don’t see anything new in this…? Just a big Focal speaker and the Naim Statement…?

They seem to merge at the end of the video in one component, Focal speakers over the Statement-style base of possibly power amp forming an active combo.
That’s what I saw, but I could be wrong.
Maybe it’s just an artistic expression…

That was my take too. Exciting times ahead!

A powered speaker with an integrated streaming module? Should be great……just add a turntable.

Something similar to Dynaudios latest range of streaming active speakers would be very tempting!

My money is on a merger of 200 level Classic equipment with the newer range. 272 replacement plus matching power amp and perhaps an optional power supply.

A bridge - more ‘lifestyle’ - system between the single box set-up and we, the multi-box fringe element.

G

4 Likes

Perhaps a new range to take over the classic range, new amps, streamers, etc.
The 500 range for now is untouched.
I would also be very surprised not to see some new active focal speakers as why wouldn’t they ?
Lots of dealers right now selling there demo classic range off, just look how many NDX2 are for sale right now.
Hopefully some very interesting new products about to hit the market and probably more to come.

3 Likes

Imagine the uproar if they merge naim and focal into one brand? Faim or nocal or something even more imaginative.

4 Likes

Well I don’t really care what new products are released but I’m intrigued to know what colour and how large the knob.

7 Likes

Exciting indeed, been a while since anything new.
I remember well the endless debates of the olive to classic change.
Here hoping Naim deliver their usual high quality

Gary

I’m curious to know where Naim are heading in the future, but not interested in buying anything. Firmly entrenched in the Olive era here, with pots of unspent money to dispose of on other fun stuff.

If Naim are coming out with a new range of toys, some of you might be well advised to get a cushion for your chin to land on when you see the prices. Let’s hope it’s not too big a shock!

7 Likes

That’s something like my girlfriend, now my wife said on our first date!

7 Likes

Exciting stuff - looking forward to seeing how the active range sounds and at what level they are launching. From the video teaser it looks like top tier!

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

Ditto, peak value and repairability, dare I say and boogie too (ducks for cover)
Martin
Just installing my supercap :open_mouth:

1 Like

Our Moderator must be otherwise engaged. The last of these threads (identical) was deleted within hours of its appearance.

You must have delivered!!

1 Like

If they are not rumours or some online leaked info or components pics, it should be fine.

I would presume once there are teasers out that this is exactly the sort of speculation (dare I say hype) that is hoped to occur.

What we probably know so far is

1. A 272 replacement
  2. A streamer above NDX2 level (or replacement)
  3. White is the new green
  4. Statement / muso volume knobs
  5. An active speaker or speakers with Naim amplification and perhaps even Naim streaming.

No. 5 would be interesting (to me ) if it was in the price range of Dutch 8C.

.sjb

3 Likes

No, I’m here and watching carefully. Of course, should anyone try to post any rumours for any “leaked” info or images then yes, the thread will quickly be pulled.

Bear in mind that no Naim product officially exists until it has been officially announced by Naim - plenty can change right up until the 11th hour…

11 Likes