New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Missing otto’s baroque @Stevesky

1 Like

Just completed, painless, thank you @Richard.Dane @Stevesky !

2 Likes

The update on naim nova is stuck for 1 hour!!
:unamused:
Anyone having issues with the update?

Hi @Timster

I believe that channel closed down quite a few montys ago.

Based on searching on the 1.fm site:

We have both of the available Otto channels in the system though.

If you can find a legitimate website or streaming service that has it, let us know and if all good we will add it.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Will this be available as an update for my HDX?

See above (and the following answer):

(Though I don’t personally know the landscape for the old streamers, but I think that comment above applies.)

Hello @Stevesky, thanks for the reply. I had spoken about this a few months back with Rusty Hodge from SOMA and he replied that the current 256k MP3 or 128k AAC streams available for Groove Salad would be good enough for most listeners. Of course, I begged to differ in favor of a hi-res stream and we left it at that. Once the new firmware comes my way I will be delighted to give it a try as the Groove Salad channel gets lots of airplay on my system.
Thanks for your hard work! Best regards.

1 Like

Updated my Star this morning, and updated favourites as instructed. Looking forward to getting the NC333 update next week.

My ND5 XS 2 hasn’t received the update yet. I’m sure there is a proper explanation, but maybe someone can enlighten me on that?

2 Likes

Update on Nova done in about 10 mins and a couple of restarts. Took a while for Nova to reappear in App, all the existing presets seem to have carried through ok. I’ve only had a quick play. I didn’t realise this included Tidal HiRes update as well, but sure enough certain releases play at higher resolution. All in all thumbs up, well done Naim. Just need update for 222. And radio only update for 272 and everything should be tickety boo.:+1:

1 Like

Presumably if your old radio presets are carrying through then they’re still the old vtuner versions which are still active. You would need to re search the stations via the radio folder and re store as new presets - worked fine for me

1 Like

I wondered that, and therein lies one slight criticism. I listen a lot to ambient/drone as background or at night. Usually things like SOMA, and have searched under ‘electronic’ in vTuner, although ‘ambient’ would be a better genre description. Neither genre appear in the Naim radio. I have however found them searching via country (US), but still had fun finding SOMA stations.

Are you say that at some stage these presets won’t work and I will have to ‘resave’ ?

It certainly works. Very mellow. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

2 Likes

I’m not sure but suspect vtuner will ultimately be phased out. If you search for a station in the radio app it should come up rather than using the new folders by genre etc. So far Naim have been a bit economical with info around the latest update which doesn’t help

2 Likes

Found it ! 1.FM - Baroque

Fingers Crossed :smile:

Hi

Hi, Its now added to the system. Either search or browse brand under Switzerland → Brands → 1.FM

If you give this station a chance over several days, you will undoubtedly hear some excellent music that can really show off a system’s qualities and point you to countless new artistic discoveries for your listening pleasure. Have been a fan for several years now…Brgds.

1 Like

You’re a superstar , i can confirm success!

1 Like

yep it’s been my favourite station for a few years now, it can get a little techno for me sometimes but generally excellent - if you’re in to the genre that is!

2 Likes

I’m really digging this New Naim Internet Radio! Sounds fantastic and it’s easy to navigate.