New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

It will come with the new firmwares - see my post above.

1 Like

Will existing favourites & presets have to be reassigned?

I’ve updated, all existing presets are still present and working, selecting radio in app brings up a new selection of folders - seems a bit mixed up but could be just me, I notice vtuner is still being used if you want to add stations?? Some info from Naim on this new service would be useful

Ok I’ve searched out and replaced all my presets from the new service, seems to work well, nice new logos and also meta data available on some that I didn’t have before which is great, Groove Salad in HiRes too - nice, although it’s stuttering a bit! I’m sure it’ll all improve in time but seems a good job - well done to all involved :+1:

3 Likes

I guess there needs to be a transition period old to new. Hoping for good release notes on the new software. :crossed_fingers:

Will there be a firmware 4.8.x or 4.9 for gen 1 streamers such as SuperUniti to take advantage of this new service?

5 Likes

There will, but I can’t give an eta.

6 Likes

Hi Richard,

will there be a release note available? Also for the other features of 3.10 and the others?

2 Likes

I don’t know Philipp. One for @Stevesky I think

That is very strange because SOMA FM does not have a hi-res stream for Groove Salad.

Hi @Magnolia

Soma Groove Salad - yes it does. However it’s an unusual stream for it to play so few directories expose it (FLAC inside HLS) As part of this unit of work we’ve upgraded the player engine inside the products to handle some very unusual stream configurations.

Best

Steve

4 Likes

Downloaded the latest firmware update today on my Uniti Atom. Just noticed that it’s not possible to add radiostations on the Naim Vtuner site. The map added station on the naim app is empty and shows only the link that refers to the vtuner site. Someone else has this problem?

You might want to edit this to say “4.4.0 for Gen 2 muso and Muso Qb…

2 Likes

Missing otto’s baroque @Stevesky

1 Like

Just completed, painless, thank you @Richard.Dane @Stevesky !

2 Likes

The update on naim nova is stuck for 1 hour!!
:unamused:
Anyone having issues with the update?

Hi @Timster

I believe that channel closed down quite a few montys ago.

Based on searching on the 1.fm site:

We have both of the available Otto channels in the system though.

If you can find a legitimate website or streaming service that has it, let us know and if all good we will add it.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Will this be available as an update for my HDX?

See above (and the following answer):

(Though I don’t personally know the landscape for the old streamers, but I think that comment above applies.)

Hello @Stevesky, thanks for the reply. I had spoken about this a few months back with Rusty Hodge from SOMA and he replied that the current 256k MP3 or 128k AAC streams available for Groove Salad would be good enough for most listeners. Of course, I begged to differ in favor of a hi-res stream and we left it at that. Once the new firmware comes my way I will be delighted to give it a try as the Groove Salad channel gets lots of airplay on my system.
Thanks for your hard work! Best regards.

1 Like