New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Hi @Marki

Classic Hits Radio - added, but it failed one of the validation checks that we do to detect fake and pirate stations.

Firstly the entry:

Then the red flag:

The company owning it was struck off company house in December 2023.
I’ve let it in as they are using airr which is a derivative of zeno and they pay for the music rights fees.

We do these checks as there are a lot of fake / pirate / trojan horse & virus sites out there that more automated radio directory services just suck in, Ours has various validation checks to help keep the quality for Naim customers.

Best

Steve

3 Likes

Hi @Stevesky,

Any idea whether you can assist with ‘The River of Calm’ station mentioned in Post 426? Many thanks!

GTE

Hi @GTE

Here we go, now added:

Best

Steve

I am amazed how they make any money if there are no adverts. Non stop music!

I tested this with Easy and expected to find Easy Rock Paradise, but it did not show. I have to enter at least Easy Rock to be able to find.
So I think this option needs some improvement.
Thanks,
Martin

Awesome! Thanks very much, Stevesky!

Would it not be great, if as much care and effort, that has gone into the New Naim Internet Radio.
Had also, gone into the metadata handling of the Naim Uniti Core. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Martingj56

As Easy is a generic term covering many stations worldwide, hit results will vary based on country. In the UK the following are returned:

‘Easy’

Observe it’s hit number 3.

‘Easy Rock’

Top hit… lets scroll through the rest of the hits. We find otter ‘Easy Rocks’ but internationsl to UK. These will rank higher if the user searching is in that country / non UK.

Then ‘Easy Rock Para’

Has to be that uk station. No other possibilities

Summary: the search engine weights results based on end users location.

Best

Steve

Thanks for the explanation on how to use the search @Stevesky.
I followed your steps and found it by entering Easy rock and then hit More. Just a matter of learning the functionality I suppose.

Hi,
Regarding Radio 10 from Netherlands.
They have various streams (128 MP3).
I previously had presets for …
60s & 70s
80s
90s
I can’t find the 90s stream searching via Decades or Brands.
It might be my incompetence of course!
Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Good spot. Lets get it in!

Best

Steve