New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Is that so? As I read it, it was their new radio service to be updated and supported, nothing else? I don’t believe hi-res is possible with NDS/272. Platform is too old.

1 Like

The NDS and the other green screen streamers will not get Tidal Max.

I’m looking forward to this, for one simple reason. The BBC HD channels are geo-limited to 128kbps outside of the UK, and I had an old preset of a link that played at 320kbps that I stupidly removed before double checking :frowning:

Unless I’m being incredibly dumb or something can be done by Naim :star_struck:

yes, I’m told they will be getting the Naim Radio service though, but no eta as yet.

Maybe it’s a typo error. Of course I believe you , but:

1 Like

Sorry, FR I’m not sure I understand. But…?

Diver99 was asking whether the NDS would be getting the Naim Radio Service. I replied as you have shown…

3 Likes

I think what is confusing FR is that all the streamers will eventually get the new internet radio service, but the gen 1 musos and the legacy unitis and streamers including the NDS won’t ever get the new Tidal High Res firmware.

But that is the situation.

2 Likes

I think it’s a Freudian split from me. Very sorry. I imagined you wrote that because I desired it.
:face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Just resetting presets. We’ve lost this one?

It is still listed on vtuner.com

Also missing Folk Alley :sob:

IMG_0506

Aw man, 3 from 3 I’ve tried…

4 from 4 I can’t find on the new service.

IMG_0509

Is there something wrong with my device or app?

All my presets are still listed on vtuner.com (so were available before firmware update) but don’t come up on the new service. I understand it’s a new service, but why have so many stations disappeared!!!

At the risk of charging off-topic, I am wondering if Naim, once their radio service is fully up and running, make it a service and sell access to it to other manufacturers. I am sure there must be a few other companies that are unhappy will vTuner who could be interested.

3 Likes

Hi @IainO

The system has all of the stations you mentioned. Suggest use the search icon in the top right of the app and then open up the radio search results.

Summary of what’s what:

Chronix - all stations of that network are present

Folk Alley - full network

The acoustic outpost present and correct!

TrancePulse -bonus - it has an HD lossless stream as well.

Best

Steve

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s really well done and easy to use IMHO

Thanks for confirming so quickly.

One preset was found, the others not.

I am searching as you describe, so I have an app issue. Also tried searching within Radio only (“Browse All”). I will try reinstalling.

Hi,

Based on your Forum Profiles Geolocation I don’t think it should be possible to get the 320K streams from the BBC. If a link can, it’s because someone is unofficially proxying it via a UK server, but clearly we can’t host such links that break the BBC licensing / are not official BBC streams.

The BBC on their servers decide if the 320K stream will stream based on deciding if the end user is in the BBC UK geolocation, so apart from using a vpn or a proxied stream options are unlimited.

Best

Steve

Hi @IainO

‘All stations’ are all stations in your geolocation. If it really was ‘all stations’ worldwide it would be a crazy long list.

Here is Folk Alley results in search.

The UI is a bit quirky as it hides the radio search results by default.
Click where the red arrow is pointing.

This is on the ios app.

Best

Steve

1 Like

Thanks, I think I just expected “Browse All” to be everything :smile: Not using that now, very few of our presets are UK based.

And…. after reinstall I am now getting radio search results in the main search - all good and presets recreated.

TrancePulse HD a bonus, loving the new service!

This is exactly what I thought, hence hoping that adding stations, as per previous possibility is available soon.

I clearly wouldn’t ask Naim to BBC break rules. Even if I find said rules dumb.

Thanks for the confirmation.

The update has been rock solid as have the internet radio station’s playback.

Thank you.