New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Yes I think You are right. My Nova had worked excellent tonight.

1 Like

@Stevesky Any updates on when the Firmware update for the New Classic will be released?

Thanks

Hi @Stevesky, can you give us an idea of aprx dates for firmware release for the 1st gen streamers?

It’s probably just because Qobuz got a frightful hiccup when it discovered the competition from Tidal :sunglasses::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Richard and Steve,

Thank you for your hard work in ensuring that the update is working for us all. However, I have a problem!

I have an Atom which I like a lot and which is about one year old. I updated the device a couple of days ago and it sounds and looks good. I live in France and, until the update, one of my pre-sets was Aardvark Blues, recommended on this forum. Since the update I cannot find this station in the app, although it is still working on-line. In addition, in this thread, members have mentioned and recommended Groove Salad - this too I cannot find in the app.

I hope that you will be ble to help.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

a

1 Like

I assume that when the update for legacy products comes along, in my case a NDS and Unitiqutes, that I will need a computer to update the firmware. If this is the case, how up to date does my computer have to be?

I ask this because my lap has died, albeit it’s 12 years old, and only use an iPad nowadays, but I have an old Mac mini that might be persuaded back into existence.

Hopefully @Stevesky will be able to find/sort for you.

1 Like

Hi @Brian,

Aardvark Blues is here:

Groove Salad (now in lossless format):

Best

Steve

5 Likes

Richard, Steve,

Many thanks for sorting out this issue. Everything is up and running with no problem at all.
… and relax!

Brian D.

Hi @Camphuw

For the older products (green screen black box products), they will need a mac or pc via a USB cable to do the upgrade. There are some logistics that we need to sort out with the dealer network as its been a long time since we have done an update on these products.

Once we get closer to the time we’ll aim to publish advice on ways to get the units upgraded. At this precise moment in time I can’t give a schedule as we still have some technical issues to resolve.

Regards

Steve

7 Likes

Thanks Steve - my patience will last.

This is my favourite radio station however I am getting several dropouts a day only for a few seconds this hardly ever happened with vtuner.

1 Like

Firmware 5.2.0 for New Classic and 4.4.0 for Mu-So Gen 2 are now available.

3 Likes

FWIW…I was pleased to report earlier on this thread that hi-res version of the Soma FM channel, Groove Salad, was a very welcome update and it does/did have higher SQ than their standard AAC or MP3 formats. However, this radio station is having intermittent but frequent cutouts after the new software update. The hard-wired ND5XS2 has a very stable fiber internet connection with nearly 1Gbit download and 600 upload speed. Definitely double and triple checked that data rate when the cutouts happened. Anyway, Roon sees the station in its lower resolution formats and even that sounds good. Maybe @Stevesky might find this worthy of investigation. Brgds.

Dears

Would it possible in the future to have the artwork directly on the screen of the atom and not only on the app when it’s available?

Thanks for all the work

Phil

3 Likes

Misty Radio didn’t play before the update, & after it just says OFF AIR.

At least there are now pretty picture tiles in the Internet radio menu :yum:

Will the Mu-So Gen 1 get this firmware update, Richard?

HI,

Based on their website, their stream is down at the moment, Try and play from:
https://www.mistyradio.com/
It fails and shows “offline”.

The new service only acts as the “Yellow Pages” of internet radio. We don’t provide the actual radio streams.

Best

Steve

Probably best for @Stevesky to answer that one :smiley: