New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Hi @Pickles

As of start of August the BBC discontinued Ondemand content on third party devices. We had implemented it in the new service, but had to drop it.

We do however support Chromecast, Airplay2 and if really thin on options, Bluetooth from BBC Sounds so the content from that app can be played on the products.

Best

Steve

2 Likes

It came through later that day. Thanks!

1 Like

Out of topic Steve, but I would like to know if Naim is going to add “plays with Audirvāna”to its streaming sources.

HI @Peppo62

A few years back (might of been more - time wizzes along), we did look at this but very few customers were using it and it was hard to justify as a business case. With more customers moving to using premium streaming services the days of these type of apps that are focused around music library management is becoming more niche.

We’ll re-review though as sometimes things change and they’re on to something good.

Best

Steve

4 Likes

Thank you Steve for your kind answer.

Dears.

Have an issue with 1.fm adore Jazz.

Ok in the presets but do not function when I select it coming from a Tidal tune or another radio. I have to select the preset two or three times before it works !!

Phil

Hi @Jubeph

That seems to be a temporary fault at 1.fm.

We’ve traced it through and the stream is taking ages (if ever) to start.

Example done from my PC:

It took the server 21seconds to respond to the http request and start delivering the data.

From the Naim server side it took about 6ms to do the lookup resolution, so all heathy there.

Suggest try in a few days as likely a few IT gremlins at 1.FM that they need to sort out.

Regards

Steve

The update works well on my Atom but I have to turn up the volume to reach the same noise level as before. Are there any other people who are sensing this?

Isn’t it good that there is less noise? :sweat_smile:

But jokes aside if you mean music volume then no I did not notice that here on my Atom HE.

Did you have Input Trim set on any of your inputs before? Maybe it lost those settings.

Thanks a lot for the quick explanation Steve!

Regards

Phil from France

Check the volume level in the internet radio settings.

Thx for your answer but what exactly do you mean with “Input Trim”?
I have since discovered that increasing the Max. Volume in the system settings has an effect; for me it is now set to 66% as a precaution to protect the speakers from inadvertently twisting the volume knob

Some inputs have an Input Trim setting if you select them in the app:

Handy if you want to have the default level of your analogue input equal Tidal, for example. Say if you have a record player connected.

Keeps you from having to fiddle with the volume when switching inputs.

2 Likes

Yes, when maximum volume is set below 100(%), the current volume is in relation to this (and not capped below 100 at the value set for max), and still from 0-100.
So, when say maximum is at 50/100 (enough for me), and current volume is at 50/100, you’ll in total have (about) 25/100 of maximum output volume.

(Not considering the input adjustments just mentioned above.)

2 Likes

My Uniti Nova has been working flawlessy until the latest update. Now it unfortunately does’nt work well. There are constant interruptions when I use Qobuz. Very boring! What to do? @Stevesky @Richard.Dane Also have an NSS 333 and two Mu-so Qb 2nd generation. It seems safest to refrain from updating these?!

Have you contacted Naim support yet? If not, I would suggest that be your first step.

2 Likes

Thank’s for the quick reply! The Nova has been working great for over an hour now, so I hope the problem is over.

1 Like

Very happy with the new Naim Internet Radio and Tidal Max in one go. Love it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My NDX2 have the same problem after latest upgrade. To bad.

1 Like

I do find this interesting. I saw something like this with Qobuz when I updated. A track played but it dropped out. I tried it again and it was fine but I did restart my streamer for good measure.

Everything is fine now. Maybe a network route or cache to Qobuz servers had been updated.

1 Like