New Naim system got, now do I change my speakers?

Hi, how did you eventually position your 606’s?
I am still experimenting with my 707’s but at the moment they are close to the back wall - 12”. And 15” from side wall.
Bass seems better closer to back wall.
Thanks.

Mine are about 8” from the back wall, and about 19” from the side wall. Kudos does recommend a minimum of 18” from corners.

As yours are brand new give them a bit of time to settle, Kudos recommends 30 hours at least. Mine sounded a bit boomy in the first few days that I have had them, but sound quality improved over the next few weeks.

Is it possible to give them more space? Maybe they could go on a longer walk? I have about 1.5m between each of my speakers and the wall and it really helps to get a nice open sound. I’d take the 30 hours run in very much with a pinch of salt - speakers need lots of time to run in and open up. The 707 is a lot of speaker - maybe there is a 552/500 in your sights.

1 Like

Really helpful, thanks. How far apart are your 606’s?

Alas, I’m quite constrained, at least in this room at the moment. I may develop plans to switch rooms. Don’t get me on the upgrade route again, I will enjoy the 282/250 combo for now.

2.2 meters apart, firing straight ahead.

:+1:

Do try different too positions when your speakers burn in. I originally had mine about 10” from the back wall, and didn’t think there was any deterioration in sound quality when I moved them to about 8”.

As the 707s are bigger speakers compared to my 606, you may need more room.

1 Like

Hey, more nutter balls!

Thanks and appreciate your guidance.

The Kantas need some space, to unfold their musicality, otherwise the bass might be way too much, about 20 squaremetres should do the trick. The No.3 will almost owerwhelm anybody with their bassresponse.
I own a pair of Kanta No.2 and have not heard anything better up to 10.000.-, but that is my taste, they are driven by an AVM A8.3, maybe a B&W 804 D3 could also be worth listening to.

You should listen to as many speakers as you can and then decide, preferbly at your home.

Good luck!

cheap isolation (?) I had some extra silicon mats for under a kitchen rack, I fitted them between the speakers (harbeth M30.1) and a cast iron (re-purposed) speaker stand . It both protects and (may?)provide some isolation. You might try something like that between Your table and electronics. I couldn’t hear any difference and it protects the bottom of the speakers. In Your case it might give some isolation and at a place like Marshall’s is a cheap experiment, they can be pulled back far enough, probably wouldn’t even be visible and they can always be returned.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.