New NDX2 (Edit: Working fine!)

Hopeful to find some quick help here - I just received a brand-new NDX 2 and Supernait 3 from Naim this morning… the bad news is, it’s as though the NDX 2 is dead on arrival. I have everything hooked up properly, and the only thing I can get is the green power button on the front flashes 3 times, goes dim for about 30 seconds, then flashes 3 times again, etc. Nothing happens when I push the button to turn it on, nothing comes on the screen, it’s just black with the flashing green button.

Any new owner mistakes here or could I have gotten a b um unit?

Did you pair the remote ?

It’s impossible to do anything, the unit won’t power up. It’s just a flashing power button and black screen.

The pattern flashes 4 times, then 2 times, then 7, then repeats itself over again. I’ve unplugged everything but the power cord at this point and getting the same behavior. Seems like I’ve got a lemon.

Is the Burndy plug properly seated?

G

1 Like

There’s no burndy/external power supply. I’m just using the standard black power cord that came with the unit.

The blanking plug that closes the burndy socket.

G

3 Likes

Try this:

1. Press the Play/ Pause button on the front of the NDX 2 .
  2. On the remote, Press and hold the Home button for 3 seconds. …
  3. The remote is now paired to the unit and ready to use.

Do you have the Burndy blanking plug inserted as well as the power cord? If not it won’t power up

3 Likes

Oh crap, well thanks everyone. It was the burndy cap after all. I had no idea it needed to be plugged in, I thought it was only for an external PSU.

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Nice one @bongoman :+1:

3 Likes

Sometimes the forum feels like ‘International Rescue’. Goodness knows I’ve needed it a few times!

Glad to be of assistance as they (who?) say.

G

5 Likes

Ummm

G

1 Like

Kudos to @GraemeH too (he beat me to it :wink:)

2 Likes

Don’t worry… you are not alone over seeing this :grinning:
I hope you enjoy your new NDX2

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, stuck in firmware update purgatory at the moment but hopefully everything will run smoothly from here on out.

No joke, it’s been frozen on firmware for over 30 min now “downloading.” I guess I wasn’t out of the woods quite yet. Unplugging and plugging back in with hopes that finally gets things set up.

How’s your internet signal?

1 Like

There’s new firmware (3.5.1) out next week for the ndx2 which is supposed to fix some streaming issues such a unexpected reboots and stuttering during playback. It’s a great streamer, just got mine too, have fun*!*

1 Like

You should have read the manual :wink:

Oh hang on a minute, what manual !!! :rofl:

1 Like

To be fair, the Quick Start Guide does tell you what to do with the link plug. But yes, a proper manual would be useful.

3 Likes