New NDX2 (Edit: Working fine!)

I assumed there probably was one - I borrowed an NDX 2 for home demo once and the Burndy plug was not in the box - very peeved that I cleaned the listening room/supports that Sat afternoon before opening the box - had I done that first I could have got the plug from the dealer’s and cleaned later, but by the time I’d tidied things up it was gone closing time for the weekend!

2 Likes

New ndx2 s are shipped with the latest firmware. There should be no need to update the firmware?

1 Like

I am seeing an update for 3.5.0 I believe. I haven’t updated it as it got hung up during the firmware download then I rebooted and everything was working fine. Although under settings it still shows the firmware as available.

I suggest ignore the 3.5 update which is a bit problem fraught for some. There should be another update with bug fixes within a few days.

Best

David

2 Likes

It’s alive!

11 Likes

Congratulations! It looks great…

Do you still have the Nova as well that is listed in your profile?

1 Like

Great album!

1 Like

No I am trading it up to the dealer to help cover the cost of this upgrade. I’ve actually financed the entire upgrade over the past couple of weeks with the sale of other gear.

1 Like

I am owner of NDX2 a had the same sequence 4/2/7 with flashing power button. The NDX was not operational, connected to external power supply by burndy cable. I had to disconnect NDX 2 from the cable, switch off the external power supply. Then switch on external power supply an reconnect the power cable to NDX2 and it worked. But it reperaturki ocassionally. I am not sure if it is normal.

1 Like

What I have “discovered” is, that if you connect both the external psu( via burndy) and the regular mains lead to the ndx2, it pops the fuse in the external psu. So, best not to do it!

1 Like

Its great that this is now sorted and up and running but where was the dealer installation?

Surely, the equipment should have been left with you installed and working perfectly.

1 Like

I’m in the US so Naim dealers are actually hard to find, mine is about a 4 hour drive one-way so I do all my business with them via email and phone. The units were drop-shipped from Focal Naim North America directly to me so I am kind of left to myself to get things sorted. It is all good now however.

1 Like

Hope you get a bit of a discount for that as there’ll be other customers getting the red-carpet treatment with regards to hand delivery to the premises, unpacking, setup, evaluation, etc.

I once bought a pair of brand new pair of SBL’s and suggested to the dealer that I do my own setup and instead he did some ironing and housework for the amount of time he would otherwise have spent with the installation. I’m not sure if he thought I was joking or something but the request was quietly ignored ( and I still did my own setup!)

2 Likes

It’s out now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It that damage near your volume knob, or dust?

1 Like

My question too!

1 Like

I’ve never been offered this, or required it, from the 3 places I’ve bought new Naim gear. If it’s meant to be the default offer with perhaps an expectation of it being kindly refused it’s news to me. That said, it was made very clear when I bought it that the 272 wouldn’t work out of the box unless the blanking plug was in place.

1 Like

As far as I know, unless it has changed, installation was always part of the Dealer contract as was a prohibition on selling by Mail Order for the same reasons.

Doesn’t apply for Muso products but I believe this is why mainstream retailers such as Richer Sounds and John Lewis do not stock other Naim products.

1 Like

This has to be a UK thing as there is no such requirements or restrictions here in the US. There are not very many Naim dealers in the US and every one that I know of has online sales. It simply wouldn’t be possible for me to have bought Naim under those requirements here in the US with the distance from dealers etc.

1 Like

That has to be some kind of packing dust or something. I didn’t notice it in person until I looked at this photo. When I get home this evening I’ll be sure that it’s dust and clean it up. It shipped directly from Naim in sealed packaging etc so I don’t know how it could have been a scratch. I’ll be sure to check it out though!