New NDX2 (Edit: Working fine!)

Yes it is UK. Very difficult to specify in the US I guess.

I did speak to my dealer today on something else and raised this issue. He made the point that even if installation wasn’t a Naim requirement, he would do it anyway because it was in his interest to ensure the equipment was working absolutely perfectly from a future sales perspective.

1 Like

It could be that my dealer is close by but my dealer has offered to install each Naim Item I have purchased.

1 Like

That is true… given the chance, if I had a Naim dealer in my local town I think it would make sense to have them assist with delivery and setup. Mine has been very accessible via email after hours and on weekends etc and I have bought a TON of gear over the past 3 years (ran through Luxman, then Chord, now I’m on my Naim kick), so we definitely are familiar with one another LOL.

That’s likely the case. I have a local dealer that I work with mostly for speakers and they have always come to my house and helped set up speakers etc so I’m sure if Naim was in the picture they’d do the same in that regard. But my Naim dealer is outside of Washington DC and I am 4 hours away in rural Virginia.

Hope that you’re enjoying your new setup.

I also saw that you have upgraded from the Unity Nova. As I am looking at either the NDX2/Supernait 3 or the Uniti Nova as the heart of my new system, I was interested to hear how great the improvement in performance has been with this upgrade? And in what way its better? There is a significant price difference after all.

2 Likes

They really are 2 very different animals. Hope I can express this without coming across as a cop-out, but what I have found is that the Nova is exceptional in practically every way - for most people who don’t obsess about audio it could well be the last piece of equipment you ever buy. For those who do obsess about audio, it is not the one for you, because there really is nowhere to go from there. It is pointless to add external amps, external DACs, upgrade power supply, etc. It is a destination all-in-one in every sense of the word,

The NDX2 & SN3 is where I have ended up but not really due to being unhappy with the Nova audio quality; I could have been perfectly happy forever with the Nova if I didn’t always sit there and wonder “what if” which is why I eventually went to the NDX2/SN3. The large increase in price - for me at least - was as much an investment in an open path to upgrade as it was in chasing the last % of sound quality.

If you were going to pay twice the amount for the NDX2/SN3 over the Nova on the basis of sound quality alone I would say do not do it. The Nova is probably 80% of the combo (mine are still being run-in so I can’t make a final judgement) for half the price but it really is an end destination and if you ever think you’d be curious to move up or experiment with other things then don’t waste the money on the Nova and start out with the NDX2 and SN3.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I’m not looking to upgrade in the future (I know that’s what everyone says ) but want to put together a great system that I’ll be happy with for the coming years.

Also I intend to pair the system with Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III or V. These are quite large floorstanders rated 4ohm and 90dB and I’m concerned that the Nova may not be sufficient to drive them in my 8m x 8m room.

I heard the Nova driving the SF Olympica Nova III’s and I loved the sound and they seemed to control the speakers powerfully. But that was in a smaller listening room at the dealers. I’ll return next week to compare the Nova and the SN3/NDX2 driving the SF V’s and III’s next week.

Any thoughts anyone here on the forum has on these choices would be very welcome.

1 Like

I have both and agree with JSQT’s assessment. They are both great systems in their own right at the respective price points. Speaker matching is very important to ensure you have enough juice to drive them well. With my SN2 and NDX2, I’ve added power supplies and upgraded cabling and that has made a big improvement to the base system, but of course that comes at more cost and boxes…

I’d happily live with either system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.