New racks? How about the Hi Fi Racks Podium?

I’m now considering this an an option with my existing cabinet and glass shelves, which are currently on clear plastic el-cheapo domes from the hardware store. A set of cups, balls and locators is about £50 per shelf on-line from Cymbiosis- so very affordable. Even cheaper than the IsoAcoustics Orea’s that I’m also thinking about.

I wouldn’t bother about the Locators which add problems if the balls touch them. The chance of the glass + box being pulled off is negligible. At £16 these are a waste of money.

Phil

1 Like

Great. Do you think the ball and cups are a better option than the Orea’s - probally a clearer look I think? It would be $100 for the 4 shelves, versus $6,000 for a Fraim…

Have you tried the Isotek power leads in place of PowerLines @frenchrooster. I’m thinking of a full loom for my main system and moving the pre-used Powerline to my Nova. There are some pretty cost effective options out there.

I tried a mid level isotek ( 200 euros) on the uniticore ( when I tried it at home). I preferred it to the powerline. But not tried elsewhere.

1 Like

Interesting, I hadn’t even thought of doing the Core, just the streamer, power supplies and amps…

It’s because I borrowed a uniticore and the isotek cable , with powerline too, from my dealer. I wanted to compare uniticore vs unitserve at that time.

I demoed Isotek Optimum against PowerLines more than 3 years ago and choose the Optimum with a 282/SuperCap DR, 250DR and XPSDR to nDAC. I found the other Isotek cables not worth it, but only went for 1m. I regret the 1m as 2m seems better for calming the inevitable noise produced by rectification. Also Naim do not recommend screened mains cables.

I now have 552, 500 and 555DR PSs and the Isotek Optimum has held back the 500 with the 552 having a Powerline. Before music was good but now I think it was held back a bit.

I tried the MusicWorks G3 with sparkly base, but I suspect it may fix a noise problem rather than remove the problem.

Phil

1 Like

Don’t tell them of the secret orde of dbl owners. They gather at bilderberg hotels.

Some examples of Hifi racks uk.

1 Like

I’m sorry…?

Did I actually make any claims about their performance?
Actually no, I didn’t.

What I did comment on was their marketing literature - specifically the lack of any explanation of how their product works and and their statements about their construction; and on those topics, I am qualified to comment.

So next time, before criticising me for my comments, please read what I’ve actually written and don’t just simply jump to your own conclusions about me.

Sorry, but i don’t think you are qualified for that, despite all your claims.
These people know what they do. Make some research before, test some at home, and stop claiming that you know all better.

1 Like

FR You don’t know anything of my engineering and systems experience; and your assertions about me are becoming increasingly insulting.

To criticise an organisation’s marketing material is not the same as criticising their engineering, and it is specifically their marketing material that I have criticised - if you can’t understand the difference then please don’t comment any further.

Testing at home has nothing what so ever to do with analysing inconsistencies in an organisation’s marketing material - please stop pretending that it does and please desist from the personal insults.

The marketing material are based on engineering discoveries and scientific knowledge of the people behind these products. You really think that they will say bullshit just to advertise ?
And systematically apparently for you: you criticize Audioquest claims, Meridian MQA, now Stillpoints. Some humility would not be too much.

1 Like

Yes I do; because I’ve caught out many companies making exaggerated claims or claiming to have discovered ‘new’ science when in fact they are simply using existing well known principles. Often they do this when they are trying to distinguish a ‘me too’ type of product and justify a higher price than other products using similar principles; sometimes the ‘me too’ product is better designed and performs better than existing products, sometimes not.

P.S. And yes I do in fact do additional research to check up my conclusions before posting, to ensure that my knowledge isn’t too far out of date.

1 Like

image image

I can post images as well! :smile:

2 Likes

Nordost Sort Kones anyone?

efficient one-way path for evacuating the energy away from the equipment. Note that the same mechanism prevents energy from the environment from traveling from the supporting shelf into the equipment.

The Sort Kones are designed to support your equipment at three or more points, effectively replacing the feet which came with the component. You place them under the component, point against the bottom surface of the component, locating them directly underneath transformers, power supplies and motors (i.e. anything that may vibrate). Nordost provides a detailed installation guide, but some experimentation can be helpful.

Below is an illustration showing the inside of a Sort Kone.

Nordost-Sort-Kone-cutaway

There are three distinct pieces inside the shell – a post, a base and a ball, the latter of which couples the post to the base. Note that there is nothing here to absorb vibrations as the goal is to provide an optimum path for the vibrations to escape, not to damp. The same basic mechanism acts as a diode to avoid vibrations from the outside from getting into the piece of equipment. Nordost offers four versions of the Sort Kone which differ primarily in the material from which the post and base are built. In order of increased price:

1 Like

Xanthe will tell us soon that these kones have wrong scientific basis and should not give positive results…