New service and repair costs?

As already noted, all (constructive) feedback is always taken on board. If we can make things better, we will.

4 Likes

Thanks Clare. Do stop working now. I’ve just noticed that it’s 6pm, wine o’clock! Sit back and relax.

3 Likes

Quite right, thanks for listening, Clare. We are of course lucky to have such direct access to Naim, something I fully appreciate.

Bit of a touchy subject for me as my 552 is due for servicing and DRing.

3 Likes

IMO, most of the comments on this Thread are constructive - and should be taken on board, by Naim.

IMO - Naim’s MMV.

3 Likes

£3,899. Best get saving. You could get a brand new Supernait 3 for that and still have £100 change.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Misinformation is the enemy here.

Important decisions shouldn’t be open to different interpretations. For example, if you ask several people for a price on the same thing and you potentially get two or more interpretations, that’s not so good. More importantly, it should be reasonably apparent (to the end user) what the likely price might be, prior to entering into the process. Same as any major purchase. Even allowing for the uncertainties in “servicing” an item, (which was also the same with the previous pricing structure).

Hope this adds to this discussion about freely sharing valuable information which many users may rely upon as part of their decision making…

1 Like

Let’s keep COVID and international politics out of it. Thanks.

1 Like

Fair enough. Learned something that I’ll carry forward.
Thanks.

All I can find online for 552 DR upgrade and service pricing is an old (2019) price of £2999 on the Naim website when they announced the policy that all DR upgrades would be accompanied by a mandatory service.

Do you mind pointing me to where you got this price, assuming it is not a Naim secret!

This kind of typifies what we have been discussing above!

2 Likes

It’s from the same source as the other lists. I cannot post links but look at the Loud and Clear website.

1 Like

If I could signal where to find information I would.

2 Likes

Signals certainly have the service prices and bandings, but I can’t see the DR upgrades.

For the DR prices you need to go on an Adventure. ( in HiFi).

1 Like

This topic is very useful for me. I never bothered with asking my dealer what a service would cost, as I presumed (wrong) it would be very expensive. Seeing this list makes me call my dealer tomorrow for an estimate.

So, another potentially valid reason for being more transparent on service costs might be for cases like this, I can imagine there are more owners who might be swayed to service on time when this cost information is easily available.

1 Like

Looked at the Loud And Clear website. Their Edinburgh store doesn’t seem to deal with Naim and can’t see DRing/Servicing prices at their Glasgow store.

I must be being a bit dim.

Why the heck aren’t these expensive upgrades/servicing costs apparent!

Frustrated, of Chesham.

I put in this search term on an ipad using the apple safari browser.

Naim servicing costs 2022
And

naïm dr upgrades 2022

1 Like

899GBP to recap a 555PSDR. Fun times…

Looked at them, found a link to DR and servicing, clicked it and it asks for login details. Can’t see how to register with them.

About to throw my toys out of the pram!

Nigel be quick