New setup for me

Thanks! Nay lad, it’s an 888 but enjoys the SP’s Ohlins rear shock, fully floating cast iron discs and solo aluminium seat frame/carbon pipes etc so is light and handles and stops. Lovely!

1 Like

Sell the bike and get a NAP500Dr lol. Nice bike

Lol! Sell the bike and get a nap300dr Mebbes, or half a used 555? In fact I sold all my bikes (888, 999s cbr1000rr-sp and xr400) and bought new 252/s’cap/nap300 … can’t fall off a naim and bike values a bit daft at mo

1 Like

The supernait is all bought and paid for. The Hi Cap is still on loan.

Sounds like you’ve reached a level, with or without hicap, that will do as a stopping point.

I’ve not heard that generation of Rega CD player, my last encounter apart from the Isis at a dealer’s was a Jupiter around 2001, just before Rega dropped the prices of their CD players. If they’d done that a couple of months earlier I’d never have bought a CD5x instead and gone down the Naim gravity well.

1 Like

It is “sort of” a stopping point for me. I had the NAIT3 for 25 years (since new) and in a small room had mostly been very happy. So this is a huge upgrade. Maybe i’ll step up to a SN3 down the road. but I’m not interested in separates. I would have gone for a Naim cd player but it does not look like they are behind them anymore. They appear to be more of an afterthought at this point. Rega on the other hand seems to still be developing the format while ignoring streaming boxes.

1 Like

I had a SN1/HC for some years and would not have bought the SN without the HC (I’d have gone for 200/202). For me the power supply transformed the sound. When the option to upgrade the HC to DR became available, I did that too and once again the improvement was marked – probably the best sound for pound improvement I made.

The SN1 is a little short of love on the forum but I really enjoyed the time I had mine.

Roger

Roger

2 Likes

I bought the Hi cap the other day. there was no way that box was going back to the shop.

I took home an rca to din Shawline and Shawline digital cable. Not so sure about those. I had be using a Cobra 2 or 3 ?? don’t remember what it is (Circa 2010). I always found it a bit bright. The Shawline is the opposite. It does some thing right like some timing thing but over all too dull and lacking dynamics. The overly bright issue is gone but so are dynamics. I’m not sure what to try next. need more time to play with the digital cable. i’ve been using a DH Labs D750. Any suggestions. the Dac is a Schitt Bifrost 2.

Thanks

Make sure you replace the tweeters of your IBLs, it’s a very significant upgrade and the tweeters will finally be discontinued soon.

Knowing the ibls and sn1, I can imagine that they work well together.

Do you know who sells the tweeters?

Depends per country. I’m in the Netherlands and used google to find a shop. 2 days later I had them, replaced the tweeters in the ibls and it made a very good improvement. Couldn’t stop listening ….

In the UK it seems to be Falcon. Make sure you get the right ones, it’s all in the other topic.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ll order in a pair this week.

Have fun with your loudspeakers, they are great. I was kind of mediocre happy with them, but after replacing the tweeters they are great. Mine are from ‘88 though and might were worn out more than yours.

1 Like

Thanks for the lead I just ordered in a pair Falcon. I should look into getting the crossovers rebuilt.

Yes, I’m looking for the xovers as well. I have a spare IXO as well and may go that route and leave the Pxo’s

Naim doesn’t seem to offer pxo service, but maybe a good dealer is willing to replace some capacitors. After summer I’ll think about it again and do some tests.

I think that’s changing a bit. Quite some people like myself are won over by the slightly beefy sound it has which was described so well by Max using the word Teutonic.

I think that’s what is need with something like the IBLs.

Exactly what I thought when trying them!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.