New speaker excitement

Here’s mine.

G

6 Likes

I hope they sound as good as they look !

Fabulous!

G

PS I’ve found lower binding post best with TQB cable & TQB2 links.

2 Likes

They have a much bigger sound than the box implies. Amazing little speakers.

1 Like

I placed them right against wall on a pair of Falcon LS3/5a stands and they were very happy

:sweat: you are not alone in this. If only I knew then what I know Now…

Paul lent my SolidSteel SS5 to go with I rather like the tripod style. So I think will be getting them a little more discreet as you can see through them more. Any recommendations for damping material for stands? Not had stands for about 20 years.

I think the Solid Steel look and sound great. If you want to fill them then try the Atacam Atabite. Or for a cheaper option try the traditional sand mixed with baby oil!!!

Baby oil!!!

I have to say the amount of detail these have is remarkable. Hearing stuff not heard before. Vocals are so clear as well. This was the big difference I think between these and the standard tabs the new driver and crossover just give a much more rounded and clear midrange.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have found a winner! Enjoy

2 Likes

As I have said numerous times, speakers make by far the biggest difference to the character oF the sound we hear - even when you are spending 5 figure on them, they all sound very different from one another, and hence in my view are the most important system component to get right.

1 Like

I have some Response D2R’s and they are fantastic. Great choice with the the Tab Sigs @CrystalGipsy

Atacama sound bites, just ensure the stands are sealed, lest you endure months of finding atatbite,

1 Like

Always new this as well, but it shocks at how much that change can be and today’s demos showed this with the Spendor A1 for sure. Never been so off a speaker in the first few notes of a song before.

Coincidentally the 2 options you have come down to are exactly what my previous/current speakers were/are - previous were the Rubicons and current the Tab10Sigs. I had the DALIs for about 5 years in a ~22sq m room and I gave them plenty of room to breathe around them, a terrific speaker, but needs space to expose full potential. Later, when I had to move my system to a smaller room, ~13sq m, they were too big for the smaller environment and I knew it was because of them as no other changes were made to the setup. So I bought the ProAcs - these are about 10cm from the back wall and there are no bloated bass issues whatsoever, mids are absolutely stunning, no hi frequency harshness at all.

So if you are in a smallish room, the 10Sigs are the right choice as far as the options you are considering. According to the manual these require at least a week to break in, but I noticed improvements even after a month of use.

1 Like

Yep my thoughts when listening to the Dalis and now are they are still too big even though my room is roughly 18m/s. So on the medium size of small but the area where speakers are has a small bay area and I need to have them close to wall to make it easier to access windows. The bay and pillar that just makes bass go nuts. The Tabs don’t but still give enough bass as I am no bass head.

I am also noticing a much wider soundstage and better imaging is with the Tabs. This I guess because I can have them wider apart due to the limitations on placement have been lifted. And the centre is very solid.

The more I listen the more I love em!

4 Likes

This just gets better. Shame I am going to have to break them in when I get my own to reach how they sound now.

Been playing some of my all time favourites today and I’m am hearing more than I ever did before. This for one has opened up so much it feels like I am hearing it for the first time and falling in love with it all over again.

5 Likes

And ordered a pair in Walnut first thing. Hopefully don’t have too long to wait. But Paul says I can keep these until they arrive. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Got to wait until Saturday as won’t arrive at dealer until Friday. Happy days.

2 Likes

…Incoming here too…I’ll race you.

G

2 Likes